Am I a closet NeckBeard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daughter doesn't shoot her 22 much anymore, so I have about 500 round set back incase she does. If she shoots that up then I'll go get some more, until then I might grab a box of Monarch 223 when I go to Academy every now and then. I'm over buying ammo, I'd rather Netflix and Chill.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good answer. Maybe we need the government to limit ammo possession as well.

Yeah, that's the ticket! More government regulations will surely be a good thing. And while we're at it, let's limit each adult to 1 handgun, 1 shotgun and 1 rifle for the purposes of hunting as well. But only after stringent governmental guidelines, (to be established), are met. It's for the children, you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UncleBigToe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
......so long ago when I was just a wee little teen lad I built myself a nice wooden ammo box and started to fill it with my fav squirrel round the 22lr.....by the time I filled the box up must have been 20,000 rounds in that dude(20++years ago..at least ).... Still have the box and it's still full....yes .....I think I have a problem! Maybe I am.....a.....neckbeard...!!!!HELP.....:preocc:

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in 3 Academy stores yesterday and ALL had at least the 50 round boxes of 22. Stillwater Armory usually has 550 packs and I bet other shops do too. I get that it sucks you can't just walk into Wal-Mart and buy up all you want but you "can" certainly find it if you look around.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If only we could get everybody to start selling stuff for less than they paid for it, eventually everything would be free! I think I just invented a new economic philosophy. I think it has a better chance of working than some others that have made a big appearance on the world stage in recent centuries. If I come up with a cool "-ism" name for it, I'm sure it will really take off.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple of higher-end .22s that come from the factory with a "match chamber". The bolts on these guns (all bolt action, btw) usually will not close on most bulk ammo. They work well with a steady diet of match ammo, and you can get all of that you want, just about anywhere you look.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If only we could get everybody to start selling stuff for less than they paid for it, eventually everything would be free! I think I just invented a new economic philosophy. I think it has a better chance of working than some others that have made a big appearance on the world stage in recent centuries. If I come up with a cool "-ism" name for it, I'm sure it will really take off.

I see you and DH are voting for Bernie.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a couple of higher-end .22s that come from the factory with a "match chamber". The bolts on these guns (all bolt action, btw) usually will not close on most bulk ammo. They work well with a steady diet of match ammo, and you can get all of that you want, just about anywhere you look.

Yes you can at over .10 a round. I can see your point in your situation. Your not shooting large numbers of ammo, more concerned with accuracy. I play a speed game with lots of shooting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom