Am I a closet NeckBeard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No. I can't grow much facial hair beyond some chin fuzz, so my neck is nice and smooth...

I don't ever buy anything with the intentions of reselling- guns or ammo. But if I do sell something it's usually a gun that I have bought used and it prolly will come with a lil ammo to sweeten the deal.

Except .22. I almost never let that go. And it's not just for my kids cause they're all grown and gone now with their own guns. It's for me to shoot. Period. Hell I remember when it didn't used to be worth much at all and almost everyone I know always had ample stocks of the lowly .22. Now it's like gold to some people seems like. Weird. I have money, I have no need to go into the amateur ammo business just to make a few extra bucks. Way too much trouble for me.

Hoarding .22 is also not a new phenomena apparently. When my father passed away in 97' my siblings let me keep all of his firearms and related items. I found almost no ammo for any of the rifles,shotguns or hand guns he had beyond a couple large bags full of odd mixed (short and long) .22 ammo and a few boxes of 9mm he had for the 92F's.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ain't one. I ain't desperate enough for it to do what the neck beards do. I did find some .22 ammo at academy in Norman the other day. It was aguila interceptors. I hadn't seen those before. They are copper plated. Kinda high but I got 10 boxes. I have enough that I can shoot whenever I want. And so can my son. I don't need to get out of hand trying to buy it. I'll save that for more guns.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daughter doesn't shoot her 22 much anymore, so I have about 500 round set back incase she does. If she shoots that up then I'll go get some more, until then I might grab a box of Monarch 223 when I go to Academy every now and then. I'm over buying ammo, I'd rather Netflix and Chill.

You know how I know that you're gay?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I quess you could call me a neckbeard cause i have one but havent bought a single 22 round in over 3 years so where do i stand. lol

Where do you stand? Well, you sure ain't standing as a good example to your feller neckbeards if you ain't at Wally World at 6:00am to buy and stash .22lr ammo. Shame on you; calling yourself a neckbeard and all. For shame.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If only we could get everybody to start selling stuff for less than they paid for it, eventually everything would be free! I think I just invented a new economic philosophy. I think it has a better chance of working than some others that have made a big appearance on the world stage in recent centuries. If I come up with a cool "-ism" name for it, I'm sure it will really take off.

How about: "Broke-ism" ? ... or ""Out-of-Business-ism" ?

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nahhh your good. I was just talking about this yesterday with the wife. I have never sold a single round of ammo but don't care if others want to make a buck for their efforts.

Free market baby!! :yelclap:

Latest posts

Top Bottom