CC license for those with no fingerprints

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello folks. I've been reluctant to attempt to get my CC class and license because I have no fingerprints.
Knowing this would be a problematic endeavor, I went ahead and signed up for a class to get some close friends off my back.
I completed the class then went to the Stephens County Sheriff's Dept and paid them 50 bucks to get my prints digitally and to tell me what I
already knew about my lack of them. A side note was made on the initial fingerprint paperwork, "applicant has
no viable prints due to being burned as a child." I saw this in black and white on the sheet. I got a letter last Tuesday (about 4 weeks after
going to the sheriff's dept.) from the OSBI that stated my prints were not accepted and I would need to have them redone at
another Sheriff's Dept. that uses a digital machine. The digital scanner was used at SCSD already and since I had to be in OKC anyway on this Tuesday,
I dropped by the OSBI office there. I took my rejection letter and intended to talk with someone that could lead me in the right direction
to simplify the situation I was facing, but instead, out of the kindness of their hearts (and yes I was being a smart rear with that comment,)
the tech took my prints for me then and there. It was explained to me that in the event of rejection that each applicant's prints must be
rejected twice before going to the OSBI office for further action, no matter the circumstance for why they were rejected and it didn't follow protocol
for them to do my fingerprinting without the second rejection. Yes, the OSBI saved me the cost of having to pay for the second fingerprinting from another
place, but I was talked down to like a 6 year old that took a cookie without permission. I almost told the young little lady that I was old enough to
turn her over my knee and spank her backside, but I bit my tongue and told her that I had no intention of putting the OSBI in a predicament. I only came there
for some explanation for what I should do considering my circumstances because the generic letter of rejection answered absolutely none of
the questions I had about the situation and calling the office was a complete jerkle circ of press this number or that one, just to get a recorded message. Was I aggravated? Sure!
Am I still? Yes! I don't believe that law abiding citizens should have to pay to be fingerprinted to adhere to laws when those who break the law don't pay a dime
to have it done, no matter how many times they are caught breaking the law. I find this quite disturbing, but that's a whole other story I won't get into.
At any rate, I wait for the letter that states, "your prints will never be recorded because you have none" to come in the mail and tell me that I'm
totally screwed on getting my CC license and I have to go back to OSBI to stand around and scratch my head with everyone else who is
supposed to have all of the answers. The outcome remains to be seen! I will post the rest of my experience when it unfolds.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a pain and bureaucratic injustice. Aside from seeing a lawyer all i can think of is finding other people with the same problem via the internet to see what they do in similar situations.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went through that cycle of being printed twice at the Canadian County Sheriff's office, back in the day of real ink and cards. After the second rejection, OSBI did it at their OKC office and all was well. The US Army had trouble with mine back in the 70s, too. Never have had a set done electronically.

OSBI was quite nice to me when I showed up so I'm sorry to hear you were treated so poorly, just for the sake of bureaucratic rules.

bluedog46

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best of luck in the future. This is a first for me that I had heard this. Does make sense if someone does not have prints how are they supposed to get them done?

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$50 to be printed? He's in violation of SS 1290.12, 8.
Upon verification of the identity of the applicant, the sheriff shall take two complete sets of fingerprints of
the applicant. Both sets of fingerprints shall be submitted by the sheriff with the completed application,
certificate of training or an exemption certificate, photographs and processing fee to the Oklahoma State
Bureau of Investigation within fourteen (14) days of taking the fingerprints. The cost of the fingerprints shall
be paid by the applicant and shall not exceed Twenty-five Dollars ($25.00) for the two sets.
All fees
collected by the sheriff from taking fingerprints pursuant to the provisions of this paragraph shall be
retained by the sheriff and deposited into the Sheriff's Service Fee Account;

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one thing I have to think about is that even though your fingerprints will never exist naturally the pattern that is placed by your fingers now is still going to be considered unique. They have matched palm prints, lip prints and even ear prints to solve crimes. It may take going in front of a review panel or a judge but having been burned severely enough to have your natural prints removed should be no reason to deny your right. I don't know how long it has been since the original damage happened but if it has been that way for most if not all of your adult life anything that would be linked to a crime you may have committed (not saying you have done something criminal) would show up the way they are now.

If you do not have paperwork with dates of original injury I would see about finding them or getting a copy from where you were treated for the injury to take along once you do end up going to the OSBI. May also see if your family ever had fingerprinting done as a child at one of the little deals they would do from time to time for "just in case you come up missing." If they did your natural prints would have stayed the same pattern wise and could be useful if your injury happened later in life.

It sucks to have something of this nature come up but there should be a way to get it straightened out. It's also not wholly uncommon for something of this to happen especially in the short term due to medications or long term due to injury or purposeful alteration. http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/lose-your-fingerprints/ Showing medical paperwork will help solve a lot of problems I would also say that if you ever plan to travel outside the US you would want to have the same paperwork available with you and expect to be detained temporarily till someone sits down and goes over it.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have any fingerprints either so they sent me to the Sheriff's office and they took digital prints at no cost to me and the card was issued.

Latest posts

Top Bottom