Small Carry Flashlight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good yet small flashlight to start carrying. I haven't looked at Fenix lights yet but will probably see what they have. I want something with decent power but can clip to the inside of a pocket.

Any pointers and advice would be much appreciated.

Buzz70

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My everyday carry is a Fenix PD35. It's about 5 1/2 inches long and 1 inch diameter. The light claims 960 lumes on turbo mode. I'm not sure if it actually hits 960, but it's damn bright and definitely blurs the vision of someone on the opposite end. I run a Nitecore 3400mAh 18650 battery and it works great.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My everyday carry is a Fenix PD35. It's about 5 1/2 inches long and 1 inch diameter. The light claims 960 lumes on turbo mode. I'm not sure if it actually hits 960, but it's damn bright and definitely blurs the vision of someone on the opposite end. I run a Nitecore 3400mAh 18650 battery and it works great.

Excellent! Much appreciated!

Barn Dog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also carry a Fenix LD12 it does everything I need it to do. Small, Lightweight and bright. It's been in my pocket everyday for three years now and no problems whatsoever

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I also carry a Fenix LD12 it does everything I need it to do. Small, Lightweight and bright. It's been in my pocket everyday for three years now and no problems whatsoever

That one looks good as well. Wish they had something super slender that could be 200 lumens too.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive been carrying a Fenix PD25 for a while and it has been a good little light, more of a flood type beam which i am not too fond of. I prefer something that shines a bit further out. I've been thinking of a Nitecore P12GT I am really liking the specs listed for that light.

bluedog46

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good yet small flashlight to start carrying. I haven't looked at Fenix lights yet but will probably see what they have. I want something with decent power but can clip to the inside of a pocket.

Any pointers and advice would be much appreciated.

Wish I knew the name. I found one that takes 1 aa battery and is like $5 its a pretty nice one. I want o get something like a streamlight by scorpion when money gets better.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a Surefire guy thru and thru but there are some 'good' Chinese lights out there.

Some of the best Chinese brands are Fenix, Thrunite, Nitecore, Olight and Four Sevens.

For EDC you might look at the ones powered by a single CR123 battery.

A lot of guys like the ones powered by AA or AAA batts, but they will NEVER provide you with high lumens and they won't last as long with usable light like the lithiums CR123s will. Plus, they will loose their charge just by sitting in a drawer while the CR123s will not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom