Need Firewood badly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMT7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Family of 6 needs firewood. Our house has no gas run in and only wood stove freestanding we bought used, overhauled and converted to insert in '97. It is our only heat source due to our central plenum collapsing under the slab and the very old pre '90's heat pump never working good below 30 F with backup electric emergency heat elements that were very problematic before plenum collapse.
Any trees needing hauled off or cut up from the fungus disease killing off the indigionous scrub oak is more than good enough as NE of Tulsa we know a lot of trees have died. PM me if anything you have and want rid of might be decent enough as we are not picky and very grateful as my wife is very cold natured. We usually scavange power company trimming but it has dried up last several years. Finally was able to get 4 tires replaced on truck and trailer so we are able to drive further than 30 miles round trip if nesessary. My young adult able bodied sons all 3 of them usually are available with us help do all the work and have been trained for half their lives.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might try calling a few local tree service/removal companies and see if they will let you haul off from a job. I know sometimes they end up chipping everything or simply hauling to a dump place, if they would let you load up it might save them some hassle. The worst thing they can tell you is no.

edit: Check craigslist too. I have seen people post in the free section for firewood, limb cleanup etc.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Family of 6 needs firewood. Our house has no gas run in and only wood stove freestanding we bought used, overhauled and converted to insert in '97. It is our only heat source due to our central plenum collapsing under the slab and the very old pre '90's heat pump never working good below 30 F with backup electric emergency heat elements that were very problematic before plenum collapse.
Any trees needing hauled off or cut up from the fungus disease killing off the indigionous scrub oak is more than good enough as NE of Tulsa we know a lot of trees have died. PM me if anything you have and want rid of might be decent enough as we are not picky and very grateful as my wife is very cold natured. We usually scavange power company trimming but it has dried up last several years. Finally was able to get 4 tires replaced on truck and trailer so we are able to drive further than 30 miles round trip if nesessary. My young adult able bodied sons all 3 of them usually are available with us help do all the work and have been trained for half their lives.
There were some large trees cut and ready to be hauled off around 52nd and wheeling. This was last week, but they may still be there. They would fill up a large trailer, but are still green.

AMT7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might try calling a few local tree service/removal companies and see if they will let you haul off from a job. I know sometimes they end up chipping everything or simply hauling to a dump place, if they would let you load up it might save them some hassle. The worst thing they can tell you is no.

edit: Check craigslist too. I have seen people post in the free section for firewood, limb cleanup etc.
Yes we have been scouring cl lately.

Sent by a right hand on a mobile with Tapatalk

AMT7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a service contact owner of a tree service who also worked out at AA base but guess his number changed.as texted recently but reply said I had wrong number.

Sent by a right hand on a mobile with Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom