Wedding Beggars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take another drink

Call it and I will. Whiskey OK?

i don't get the hate.

I thought I articulated the hate pretty well. Do you mean you you don't get what went wrong in my life to make me the way that I am?

Of all the people on OSA..... Ridge is starting to get bitchy? It's contagious?

We did a honeyfund year before last, it's just a cash fund, and it worked out great. We paid for every cent of our wedding and we had been together for darn near ten years so we didn't need mixing bowls and towels we'd have to take back. Hell I can't tell you how many weddings I've gone to that I'd rather just have given em cash, but that's just me.

Take it easy, honeyfundbuns. I've been bitchy a long time.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wedding was at a Wichita Falls justice of the peace, Wichita Falls Burger King, a cheap hotel, and a 2 year trip to Incirlik AB, Turkey. That's it. Not so much as a Hallmark card for us. Now it's 29 years later. Who said Air Force Tech School romances don't last?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sick of people being so dependent. If you can't afford to get married on your own, your marriage is more than likely destined to fail.

Preferring cash for a honeymoon instead of presents has nothing to with how long a marriage will last lol.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm really just jealous of the scam is all. Counting baby showers I think I need to hustle up at least $10-12K before I stop bitching. Who wants to donate?

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Preferring cash for a honeymoon instead of presents has nothing to with how long a marriage will last lol.

Marriages that start out begging for money or gifts from others are destined to fail.

Seriously though, my wife and I have almost divorced over gift request for marriage and pregnancies. If you can't afford it on your own, don't do it.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call it and I will. Whiskey OK?

I thought I articulated the hate pretty well. Do you mean you you don't get what went wrong in my life to make me the way that I am?

Take it easy, honeyfundbuns. I've been bitchy a long time.

I like a nice Scotch, you pick the year.

If you don't like the fund or presents don't get them anything or don't go. No biggie.

Signed
Honeyfundbuns

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Marriages that start out begging for money or gifts from others are destined to fail.

Seriously though, my wife and I have almost divorced over gift request for marriage and pregnancies. If you can't afford it on your own, don't do it.
Don't get me started on baby showers.

I know a girl whose <18 month marriage recently ended. The wedding day...just the day...was over $30K. Had to be pushing six figures for all wedding related fanfare including honeymoon.

Some of the honeyfunders I've seen are like a year in. ****, I'm pushing 4 with my old lady and I can't promise you I won't leave her at a truck stop on our next vacation like Jack Nicholson in Five Easy Pieces. I'd take $10, $30, or $100k tho. Whatever ya got.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like a nice Scotch, you pick the year.

If you don't like the fund or presents don't get them anything or don't go. No biggie.

Signed
Honeyfundbuns

Not a scotch fan. We'll make it rye with a piece of Scotch tape on the glass.

God willing I'll never go to another wedding.

Exception being a cool destination wedding. Invite me somewhere cool for a party and I'll gladly pay my airfare and lodging to hang with you.

People get married in boring ass OK then jetset on gifted dime? My ass. Take me too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom