Another Hog Bites the Dust! (video)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went out to one of my spots this evening and when I got to the field there was about 30 hogs running around. Id say about 15 big ones and about 15 small ones. I ranged them from where I parked at 420 yards. I went down in the creek and snuck up to 125 yards, but by the time I got there a lot of them had gone into the tall grass and there were only a few left in the open. I set up my tripod video camera and zoomed in on them, but after the shot realized I never hit record! damnit beavis! I was not happy about that! So the only footage I got was with the gopros. Oh well, I bet I double or triple check the camera next time! lol. Shot it by the ear with my Armalite AR10. My first kill with this new gun, so I was pumped about that!

Last edited by a moderator:

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome! You are going to have to kill more than 1 to ever get a handle on them.

yea I called a buddy as soon as I was done and told him I was going to need some back up, so he's going to try and come with me next time if he can. Ive hunted this area for 3 years now and had only seen 2 hogs that entire time. This was the first time Ive seen them all together and I had no idea there was that many out there. Ill keep at it and keep pickin them off as much as I can.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's awesome, man. Love watching your videos! Very well done. Is it just a hobby, or do you do some video editing and such as part of your job?

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's awesome, man. Love watching your videos! Very well done. Is it just a hobby, or do you do some video editing and such as part of your job?

Nah, my job isnt that exciting, at all lol. Its just a hobby. I was always out shooting or hunting so a few years ago I figured I might as well try and start recording some of it. Its taken some time to try and get the kinks worked out on the setup, but I think Im starting to get better at it. This video would have been SO much better with that zoomed in shot on the 3rd camera, I just blew it and didnt hit record or I hit it to soon before the camera had time to load. Trying to video alone also makes it more challenging, to get cameras turned on and on target isnt easy sometimes when there are dozens of eyeballs in the area, so I like that part of it as well. Glad you like the videos man!

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the range of area hogs will travel?

I went back out Saturday afternoon and yesterday morning and afternoon and haven't seen them again. Yesterday morning I walked 2 miles along the creek and through the woods, but didn't see any of them. I put some corn out where I shot this one, so maybe they will find it and hang out in this area a little more often and I will try again this Friday on my day off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom