AK47; Which one to buy...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in the market for a new AK47, I have never shot one nor owned one however every other country uses the AK47 variant compared to the AR15. I love the AR15 but since the the prices have gone up and much harder to try and acquire complete lowers and uppers Ive decided why not go to the world of AK47s. I am not a gunsmith nor do I have the time or tools to build ar lowers/uppers.

I haved looked at online websites such as atlanticfirearms.com and found some great deals. I am looking to spend no moe then $700 to $800 for a quality AK47 and willing to spend more for quality but looking to not spend more than $1K. I heard reviews that Arsenals are the way to go however for the price its just not for me. I have looked into Century Arms RAS47, NPAP, and the C39V2. I will be using this rifle for SHTF, range use, and maybe hunting. I love the wood furniture in the plum/red and plan on only adding a scope eventually and keeping it stock. I saw there was a Polish AK47 with premier parts going for $949.00 which I thought looked bad ass and also what
looked to be with quality parts.

Please advise me on my purchase and if or not direct me on what AK47 variant you would choose and why. I have been researching on youtube.com also and just can't make up my mind.

Also I plan on waiting for the Wanenmacher Gun Show to see if there is going to be any good deals for an AK47. However, if I am directed in the right area and the price is right I will purchase the AK47.

brown_one2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had several and all were great rifles. My Hungarian side folder was great to keep under the seat of the truck. My favorite is my converted saiga. It is the most accurate and comfortable to shoot.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got one of the older Romanian SAR-1 models. It works great. From what I can tell, they all work; that's why the whole world uses the darn things.

I couldn't tell you what makes one better partswise than the others, other than I guess Arsenals have better finish, but they're awfully proud of them.

Keep in mind, the price range you're looking at can get you into several basic AR-15s if that's what you really want.

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought you said $800 was in your budget?

Either way think about it, not only will you get a great rifle, but a much better idea of hiw to run it and what it can do. I love mine,

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
I am willing to spend don't get me wrong, I just don't have a whole weekend to spend on working with AK47s.

Latest posts

Top Bottom