Anyone here in the tire business?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Discount Tire was pretty much the same price or more than even pepboys ( especially with the buy 3 get one free).
The actual store or the website? I order from the website. Shipping is free and no taxes. The store is more expensive.

tR- I used Hispano's tire on Harvard between Admiral and Pine, and they have another store on Lewis just south of Pine. Latino's tire on Admiral, east of Memorial used to charge the same prices, but this may have changed.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Locally BA area I use Discount Tire in BA for my car tires and Robertsons BA or Coweta for my truck and SUV tires. Both places have been great to me. I like spending my money to support local businesses, I dont skimp on tires if Im keeping the vehicle and I like to buy my fave brands. I can afford to buy any tire I want and I get what I want when I go there usually and right when I want it instead of waiting.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thing I like about Hercules is the service.
Kevin has taken care of me and they have a great frontend alignment guy.
If you have a tire problem, How do you warranty that with an online vendor?
Then again, you may save enough to buy another tire I guess.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea road hazard is handy if you have issues ruining a tire.
I mount and balance my own tires, have since i was 14,,Well I used to balance but my good balancer is long gone.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thing I like about Hercules is the service.
Kevin has taken care of me and they have a great frontend alignment guy.
If you have a tire problem, How do you warranty that with an online vendor?
Then again, you may save enough to buy another tire I guess.

Road hazard applies when you get 'em mounted locally and pay for it.

As for me, I got quotes of around $1800 to $2200 for Bridgestone OEMs. I got 4 Pirelli P-Zero takeoffs for $800 shipped to my door. It was a no-brainer.

My tires are staggered, too, so I don't get any of those special "Buy 3, Get 1" deals.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wasn't really talking about road hazard.
How does an online store warranty a tire? Maybe something like a tire seperation for instance?
Why would a local shop warranty/back a tire you bought from someone else or online?
Wouldn't that be like asking fatboys to fix a loose barrel extension from Blackthorne/Hesse?

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ended up getting a set of cooper a/t's at pep boys. They were hard to beat with the buy 3 get one free. 660 out the door with road hazzard, lifetime ballance tax etc....

Im sure online might be more worth wile if buying higher end tires and if you didnt have to pay tax.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Coopers don't have a good rep amongst tire guys, they call them cuppers because of the cupping that they tend to.
Hopefully Pepboys have a good warranty on them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom