Who has a big mustache? Lets talk...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry... This is an odd request.

...just my take

I don't see how it's any more odd than the multiple, lengthy threads on shaving with expensive razors and fruity little brushes we've had here, where people link to a shaving forum that I curiously checked out and found people with 10-20K posts about shaving like shaving is their main hobby and reason for living.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see how it's any more odd than the multiple, lengthy threads on shaving with expensive razors and fruity little brushes we've had here, where people link to a shaving forum that I curiously checked out and found people with 10-20K posts about shaving like shaving is their main hobby and reason for living.

Right? I hate shaving, but I hate facial hair worse. I hear that that barber shop at 69th & Sheridan offers straight razor shaves, I might pony up the coin for that just to say that I have.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
uncompromisedmen.com_wp_content_uploads_2015_02_beard3.jpg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right? I hate shaving, but I hate facial hair worse. I hear that that barber shop at 69th & Sheridan offers straight razor shaves, I might pony up the coin for that just to say that I have.
My (late) previous barber gave straight-razor shaves. When my brother got married, he, my dad, and I went to my barber and got straight razor shaves.

Dude was an outstanding barber and highly skilled with a razor, but it still didn't suck any less than any other form of shaving.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude was an outstanding barber and highly skilled with a razor, but it still didn't suck any less than any other form of shaving.

Thank you for this input. I've thought about getting a straight razor shave, but can't believe it's that much better than my own crappy efforts with the razor of the week.

To the OP: Sorry, no experience with mustaches. Apologize for bothering your thread.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for this input. I've thought about getting a straight razor shave, but can't believe it's that much better than my own crappy efforts with the razor of the week.
I think it's worth doing once just for the experience, but I'm just not a fan of shaving in general.

OP: I tried the handlebar mustache thing once, but it was too much effort (plus I didn't like the taste of the stuff I had to put in it to get it to behave), so I didn't keep it up. Now I keep it longer at the corners of my mouth for it to blend in with my beard, but I don't let it get much below my upper lip these days.

MarkV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Learned two things with this thread. 1. the hate is strong in this group. Real life, liberal, hipster. Not sure how to respond to much of that. 2. I'm the only one here that has (or that will admit to having) a big mustache.

Thanks to all of those that offered advise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom