Remington Sendero

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T.Ridley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody had any trigger time with one? Im thinking about picking one up in a few months in 300 rum. Wanting to use it for a long range deer gun, elk and just to mess around with at longer ranges then my current collection will do.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have shot many thousands of rounds of ammo through various Remington Sendaro rifles -

223 re-chambered to the 220 Swift...

243 Winchester...

243 Winchester re-chambered to the 6mm-284...

7mm-08 re-chambered to the 280 Ackley Improved...

7mm Remington Magnum re-chambered to the 7mm STW...

308 Winchester...

308 Winchester re-chambered to the 30-284...

300 Winchester re-chambered to the 300 KONG...

300 Ultra Mag...

338 Ultra Mag...

Trigger replacement / trigger jobs / muzzle brakes / glass bedding / action blue printing / etc...

Yeah, I've has a little experience with these particular rifles...

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They're okay rifles. There are better values for a little more money. I have a 300 win mag that after some gunsmithing shoots well. Replaced trigger had a break installed hand lapped the chamber devcon bedded it and it shoots well. Really likes 208gn amax bullets. I got a smoking deal on it but after doing what it needed to make it shoot satisfactory I could have bought a basic 700 stripped it for the action and built a similar gun for the same money maybe a little less. The quality currently coming out of big green being what it is right now you're taking a gamble on getting a good one or a lemon. And you state your wanting an elk rifle you couldn't pay me enough to pack an 11lb rifle for a week in the back country. But you may hunt elk differently than I do. My 8lb kimber 300 win mag has killed elk to just over 400yds and the two pound difference is noticeable to pack but can't tell any difference in how either shoots.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

T.Ridley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys. 7stw what other rifles would you recommend? Is sure like to weigh several options. Im very new to long range shooting my hope with the rifle was to get something thats quite abit more accurate then i am to learn with then when i get a good feel for it have some work done. I have about 1200 to spend on just the rifle and id like to make that go as far as i can.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys. 7stw what other rifles would you recommend? Is sure like to weigh several options. Im very new to long range shooting my hope with the rifle was to get something thats quite abit more accurate then i am to learn with then when i get a good feel for it have some work done. I have about 1200 to spend on just the rifle and id like to make that go as far as i can.

Just out of curiosity, what's the furthest distance you plan to shoot while hunting and how much time do you have behind magnum chambers?

T.Ridley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
600yds or so i hunt some big wheat fields and miss alot of oppurtunitys. Iv shot some but nothing to right home about. I actually started out wanting a 300wm but had several guys said id like the 300rum. It will have a brake put on it.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot magnum chamberings for 36 years and currently shoot a 7wsm with a break. I always try to shoot with hearing protection but on the few occasions while hunting where I didn't I've lost a lot of hearing with severe tinnitus.

Just food for thought, you can get softer shooting less expensive 600 yard elk rifles other than 300rum.

T.Ridley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appriciate it Jcann i have a 270wsm with a brake iv tryed it a time or two without muffs. When carrying it to the woods i take the the muffs with me. What calibers do you like for reaching out there?

Latest posts

Top Bottom