Taurus PT111 Gen 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother is hot to get one of these, and wanted my opinion. I know nothing about them, other than what reviews I have read, or videos viewed. Reviews seem very glowing, but I don't want to steer him wrong. I trust you folks (well most of you) more than I do an unknown internet voice. So, what have you got to say? Thanks

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like most will ask...what is he gonna use it for?...What does he expect from it?
Ive had good luck with the tauri...wheelies and semis....I use a snubbie 38 for a bug
Ive never owned this particular gun.......take what you can....Good Luck

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got 4 Taurii, 2 going back for repair and two that will shoot anything and everything, go bang every single time, dirty or clean. I don't look much at them anymore because I can afford a little bit more and I don't want to get something that has poor resale value and/or might be questionable in the reliability department.

That being said, I think the 111 is one of their better-reviewed semi-autos, though I've not shot this one, either. Mine are an 8-shot .357 revolver, a 709 Slim and a PT140 and PT145. The latter two are the good ones.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
friends don't let friends buy Taurus......... if you want hookers or jiu jitsu brazil is the place .......guns not so much

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
friends don't let friends buy Taurus......... if you want hookers or jiu jitsu brazil is the place .......guns not so much

He's a brother, not a friend HA, and there are many of his deeds that should require some form of revenge, but I am trying to live a better life!

He's not going to carry it, I'm sure. Just another toy, but I wanted to give him as much real thought as I could find. Like each of you, my limited experience with Taurus has been mostly good, but I have hit the stinker a couple of times.

I think I will tell him to go ahead and get one, and if he doesn't like it, I'll buy it from him for a greatly discounted price!

Thanks all.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just picked up one these. I've got 300 rounds through it so far, it's a helluva little gun. For $200 you can't beat it.

brown_one2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one that I keep in the truck. Factory trigger was very good. Has fed everything I have put in it. Have about 1200 rounds thru it. Buddy of mine bought one after I did. His has been reliable but the trigger wasn't as nice.