Living out in the country

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The trouble with not killing mice is that they get "comfortable", multiply, invite friends over that get comfortable and multiply, too. They might not eat you out of house and home, but they spread disease and attract snakes, coyotes, and feral cats.

Woody

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep the wax rat blocks inside the tomcat mouse houses so the dogs can't get to the poison. We rarely see any mice. The only time we have seen a rat is when I had my old Bronco parked out by the barn, and one got on top of the engine and made a nest out of the insulation under the hood. They like to chew wiring too.

Those are great! They don't kill quail, climb on vehicles or crap in the garden.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Leaves. I hate em. My own fault tho. We have a small fenced in area in the front the wife calls a 'yard'. Kind of weird to call it a yard tho in the country, but the ol lady plants stuff in her lil 'yard' and the dogs arent allowed in there, they get the entire back yard to play in. Dumb me tho didnt bag em this year. The fenced area in the 'back yard' is about 2 lots or so in size but the trees out there are situated away from the house and the pool area and they're not a problem. The biggest tree we have is in the front.

The kids used to do it for extra cash, but the last kid is gone off to college now this year. So, now there's about a million of em collected around the front steps and waiting for me just outside my cars garage door and when I open it up here they all come blowing right inside my nice clean garage. Grrrr... I look like a fool prolly on my security cam. Its a vicious cycle, especially like today where it's so windy. Mother nature is punking me big time. I will go out and sweep them, but then by the time I punch the buttin to open the garage door back up- the F'rs have come back and are waiting on the door to open and in again they come. Laurel and Hardy is on the job here. I see in my future either getting the leaf blower out and blowing them clear the hell over into Tulsa county, or bagging them. Prolly gonna be the latter...

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom