Centerpoint Tag series scope (fail)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the newer scopes they sell now and it was purchased November 2015 I had to take it back today.
It had an impact shift while shooting on my .223.
It was rested on the front bag at the range and it pivoted and the scope dinked on the concrete bench.
No biggie,, had harder hits on my other scopes,, some dented ,, they never lost zero.

This was a 4-16x40 centerpoint TAG.
The older mill dot with target turrets has been a tank.

Now a question.
When you guys move the knobs for left and right and up and down
Windage and elevation ,, do you tap on the scope caps or anything after you move them???
I have never done that with any scopes.

Here is a picture of the shift in impact.
impact shift 001.jpg

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The older cheap scopes wouldn't move until you tapped them or shot them.

Just shooting one you wouldn't think it did anything, you adjust it again and then it moves twice as far when you shoot again.... then the barrel is hot...

I wasted a lot of ammo.

All the scopes I've got now move, I can see them move adjusting them while bore sighting, but I still tap and even bump the buttock on the ground a few times.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Had a scope that would shift as you adjust magnification. And not a little bit either. Think it was 1-1.5moa shift.

I've also wasted ammo trying to adjust a scope, only to realize that it didn't move. Especially only making small adjustments.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Tasco I got was the Target Varmint 6-24x42 It is so much better..Easy to get eye position I only used it to 14 power to shoot at paper today.
I mounted it on the gun and went to the range..I took the bolt out of the rifle and looked down range 100 yards and adjusted the scope about 3" to the right and
2 inches higher.
Fired the first shot and I was 3 inches right and 3/4" high.
2 more shots and I was in the bullseye.

Latest posts

Top Bottom