Scope question with A2 front site

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm asking this right. Buddy has an Ar15 with the tall front site (A2?). If he removes the carry handle, can he mount a scope or will the site be in the way?

T.Ridley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddy had a colt ar and he removed the carry handle and put a scope on it you could see it in the scope. Im not sure if taller rings would of helped or not.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The FSP was only noticeable on low power, at higher power (6x) it was just a blur. I had it removed anyway so I could install another handguard

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The front sight post is about 1.4" taller than the receiver post. You will want the center of your ring to be a good 0.1" taller than that if you don't want the shadow of the front sight post to be in the center of your crosshairs. That's why almost all one-piece mounts made for ARs are 1.5" or taller.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The front sight post is about 1.4" taller than the receiver post. You will want the center of your ring to be a good 0.1" taller than that if you don't want the shadow of the front sight post to be in the center of your crosshairs. That's why almost all one-piece mounts made for ARs are 1.5" or taller.

Yep, that and the straight stock needs the extra height for proper cheek weld.

Latest posts

Top Bottom