Lets see all the AR's!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i416.photobucket.com_albums_pp247_wormydog1724_C98E4FA9_BAED_4DED_9253_BD65E207CB8F_zpsqqga4agc.jpg

This has lots of awesome in it.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_15_03_20_1fac0aa97be9260351bbb4753a61bdaf.jpg

The new one on the left. Aero precision rifle with giessele trigger and vortex 1-4 on ADM mount. This started as a planned budget build with a target of around $700. I went way over budget. Thanks to my 2 shooting buddies Gabe and Jeff for helping plan this out and help me spend some money.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just broke this one in today.

Seekins Precision HPT/MPI M16 Bolt Carrier Group
Spikes Tactical Honey Badger lower receiver
ALG Defense ACT Trigger Group
Joe Bob Outfitters Mil Spec lower parts kit
Joe Bob Outfitters 6 position mil spec buffer tube with mil spec carbine buffer and
Mil spec carbine buffer spring
BCM Gunfighter Mod4 mil spec charging handle
Radical Firearms mil spec upper receiver
Radical Firearms nato 5.56 1:7 twist Chromoly SOCOM Barrel
Troy SDMR 15” FDE Key Mod Rail
Troy Medieval Flash Suppressor
Magpul MOE Adjustable Rear Stock w/Enhanced Butt Pad
Magpul MOE Grip
MagPul Enhanced Trigger Guard
Magpul Mbus Gen2 F/R Sight Set
Magpul AFG1 Front Grip
Magpul Ladder Rail Covers
Magpul RSA Sling Mount
Daniel Defense Rear Sling Mount
Warne AR Quick Detach Scope Rings
Nikon P223 3x32 Carbine BDC Scope

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just broke this one in today.

Seekins Precision HPT/MPI M16 Bolt Carrier Group
Spikes Tactical Honey Badger lower receiver
ALG Defense ACT Trigger Group
Joe Bob Outfitters Mil Spec lower parts kit
Joe Bob Outfitters 6 position mil spec buffer tube with mil spec carbine buffer and
Mil spec carbine buffer spring
BCM Gunfighter Mod4 mil spec charging handle
Radical Firearms mil spec upper receiver
Radical Firearms nato 5.56 1:7 twist Chromoly SOCOM Barrel
Troy SDMR 15” FDE Key Mod Rail
Troy Medieval Flash Suppressor
Magpul MOE Adjustable Rear Stock w/Enhanced Butt Pad
Magpul MOE Grip
MagPul Enhanced Trigger Guard
Magpul Mbus Gen2 F/R Sight Set
Magpul AFG1 Front Grip
Magpul Ladder Rail Covers
Magpul RSA Sling Mount
Daniel Defense Rear Sling Mount
Warne AR Quick Detach Scope Rings
Nikon P223 3x32 Carbine BDC Scope

Looks good Rick!

I know you said that's your first keymod, but before you pass judgement on if you like them, try one of the slimmer, lightweight keymod rails. The Noveske NSR, BCM or KAC. My Aero is very light, but still fat compared to the KAC, NSR and BCM versions. The Troy looks like a hybrid holed, keymod and quad rail.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good Rick!

I know you said that's your first keymod, but before you pass judgement on if you like them, try one of the slimmer, lightweight keymod rails. The Noveske NSR, BCM or KAC. My Aero is very light, but still fat compared to the KAC, NSR and BCM versions. The Troy looks like a hybrid holed, keymod and quad rail.

Your right. Son in law has the Seekins Precision McsrV2, very slim. I have large hands and fingers, and the slim ones feel small to me. But I do like his.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good Rick!

Your right. Son in law has the ALG EMRV1, 1.08 OD very slim. I have large hands and fingers, and the slim ones feel small to me. But I do like his.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are a transition, but once you get use to putting your hand around it vs just holding it, it will allow much more control.

And that Troy rail is waaaaaay over priced. That's any a few bucks cheaper than my KAC rail was. The aero keymod is on sale for $152 and only weighs 8.32 oz in the 13 inch.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good Rick!

Your right. Son in law has the Seekins Precision McsrV2 on his 300, very slim and 10oz 13 inch long. His 300 is right at 7lbs. I have large hands and fingers, and the slim ones feel small to me. But I do like his.

I jumped on the Troy from another member here that was coming to buy mags and ammo boxes I had, we just swapped out. It is lighter than what I had on it.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your right. Son in law has the Seekins Precision McsrV2 on his 300, very slim and 10oz 13 inch long. His 300 is right at 7lbs. I have large hands and fingers, and the slim ones feel small to me. But I do like his.

I jumped on the Troy from another member here that was coming to buy mags and ammo boxes I had, we just swapped out. It is lighter than what I had on it.

And still 5 oz heavier than mine :)

But you like hauling that fatty Tavor around, so I'm sure everything feels light compared to that!!

I need to let you feel/shoot the Knights. Everyone who picks it up has said "damn, that's light!" And it's one of the softest shooters you will ever squeeze a round off. It's probably half the felt recoil of the Tavor.