Recommend a good 22LR Pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrenrd007

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could someone recommend a good and reliable automatic 22LR handgun? Something that is fun to shoot.
I have looked at the Walther P22. Has anybody shot one of these and what do you think of it.

Thanks
Rick

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a coworker that has a Browning Buckmark and has had zero problems. it is a great little shooter. I just picked up a Buckmark today and will make the first range trip tomorrow time willing.

Browning and Ruger are two names you can't go wrong with. The Walther is a great gun just not as accurate. That and it was too small in my hands to feel comfortable.

okienate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on the Buckmark: accurate and fairly affordable, plus its a Browning!

Ruger makes a pretty fine piece too, but the ones I've shot had a tendency to have feed-related issues and were fairly "cleanliness" sensitive....very accurate, very fun to shoot.

I have a Beretta NEOS and love shooting it. Not too fancy, generic sights, but when I slapped on my red dot, the fun-factory went up. Put 4x scope on it for fun, and its accuracy really surprised me. Fairly affordable, pretty cool looking, and a great shooter. (Spare magazines can be had for ~$10, so it doesn't hit pocket book too hard if you want to load up..)

If $$ isn't a big deal, Smith and Wesson Model 41 is a VERY accurate piece, fun to shoot.:thumb:

Caseman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got two of the Ruger 22/45's and haven't had any problems with them. Shoot the bulk Federal ammo from Walmart. Bought two boxes yesterday. About $12 each. They get cleaned about every 600 rnds. Very accurate. I bought a P22 at the gun show last April from Medlocks. The short barrel version was $235 plus tax. That's the best price I've ever seen on them. I couldn't shoot it accurately and it was picky about ammo. Traded it later for a Ruger 22/45. Lots of guys really like the P22 and they are fun to shoot just not for me.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ruger Mark II, best out of the box pistol I have ever owned. Accurate to a fault, will shoot uncleaned for years if you have an inclination to do this. Stainless or blue, they are the best. buckmarks are good looking pistols, but have never owned one. I also have a walther p22, wouldn't buy another unless they are cheap or I was mounting a suppresor. Mine is just not as accurate as a ruger..shorter barrel, etc. I know.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a P22 when they first came and were only $200. I was horribly unhappy with it, it couldn't do anything right. But judging by their popularity, I either had a dud or they worked out the kinks between then and now.

Currently I have a S&W 41 from back in the day, and a Sig Trailside. I actually like shooting the Trailside better. I got mine from CDNN for $300.

Latest posts

Top Bottom