I know its been done before....Wolf Ammo, humor me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your experience with Wolf ammo.

• I have shot tons of it, no problems.

Votes: 68 28.5%
  • I have shot some of it, no problems.

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • I had nothing but problems with it.

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • Less reliable than most, but ok for practice.

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • I had some problems, but not more than any other ammo.

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • I just wanted to vote and feel important.

Votes: 46 19.2%

• Total voters

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm looking at replacing my stockpiled ammo, most of which is re-loadable, with non re-loadable Wolf ammo. Curious if any one has had any problems out of their Wolf ammo, other than it's dirty as all get out. It is slightly cheaper than the Rem. and I can then use the Rem. brass to reload. The wolf can also be gotten with 62gr HP instead of just 55gr FMJ. I know it is not a quality HP but surely it's better than FMJ.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a few function problems directly related to the Wolf .223 but considering the problems V. the amount of it I've shot in my lifetime I think it's acceptable plinking ammo.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have shot it out of my AR 15 and my SKS is all. I wasn't trying for accuracy. The non reloadable case is nice in some situations where it would be a pain hunting brass. I didn't have any problems that I remember.

USSWaddell

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The answer may vary based on the caliber and the weapon. I have shot a ton of .223 with no problems with my AR-15...but my AR-15 will eat about anything. I have never tried their 9mm.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have shot it in .22LR, 5.45x39, 7.62x39mm, .30 Carbine. .223 Rem, .308 Win, 9x18mm, 9mm, and .45 acp. I have shot a lot of it in most of the calibers with the exception of .22 lr and .30 carbine. As far as problems, none more than any other bottom shelf ammo as Winchester white box or UMC yellow box.

dhomoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have shot tons of 45, 9mm, 9Mak, 762x39, and some 223. The only ones I have had any problems with is the 223 HPs. They sometimes stick in the AR. All the others have worked fine. The powder they use burns dirty, but is otherwise fine. The old lacquer stuff can be real dirty, the new polymer coating works very well.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot some of the 62gr. and didn't have any problems with it. I haven't had any problems with Barnaul either. For plinking I buy the cheapest steel stuff I can find.

Latest posts

Top Bottom