Your Favorite Hunting Equipment Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is hands down my favorite piece of hunting equipment!!!

The Cabelas "Exchanger" mask.

[Broken External Image] <---- Image

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...parentType=index&indexId=cat470165&hasJS=true <---- Link

It has a copper filament (along with some other things) that heat your incoming air. When you exhale your warm air heats the filament thus warming the next breath of air you're about to take.

This is hands down my favorite piece of hunting equipment... If I got to my hunting spot that is about 45 minutes away, and realized I had forgot it, I'd go back home and get it. Here's the deal guys/gals... You ever gone to get ice cream in the summer only to be shivering after you've eatin it? It's because you cooled your body from the inside, out. When you're outside in the cold, you can be dressed in the warmest gear possible, but if you're sucking in cold air breath after breath, in a matter of time, you will get cold as your core temperature will drop from the air you keep inhaling into your lungs.

I've had this thing on in 40 degree weather and had to take it off as it was making me overheat to the point of sweating. I can wear it in 30 degree weather and be fine. Take it off and 10 minutes later I'm freezing. If you hate being cold, you really need one of these!!!

I'd give it a 4 out of 5 stars. The reason is I'd love to be able to breathe naturally instead of in and out through my mouth constantly. It does cover your nose, but I find that it works best if you inhale through your mouth only. So that's how they could improve it. Other than that, it does what it's advertised to do.

Definitely check it out! It's about to get a lot colder out there and you do not want to be without this! $65 is a bargain if it means being more comfortable in the elements.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:ooh2: $65?! :yikes2:

I was ready to order it up until I saw the price. That damn Scentlock stuff is good but it's so overpriced. :pissed:

ETA: My favorite piece was a Thermax "wrap". Can't find another one but it was just a simple neckwrap. You could wear it as a face covering, neckwrap that goes up over your ears, or even a bandana when it was hot. It was very thin, stretchy, soft and weighed literally nothing. If I could find them I'd buy a dozen...

RyansFortyFives

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm tempted to get that too, I hate being cold. Usually it's my feet that get the coldest, got anything for that, sir?

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...1_94741_500004001_500000000_500004000_500-4-1

BAM....Warmest boots I've ever worn. Keeps you warm all the way up to the top, plus they are super easy on and off. AWESOME BOOTS. I love them. Your feet will be warm, guaranteed. 800 grams of Thinsulate will keep your tootsies warm in temps MUCH lower than Oklahoma ever gets. I ground hunted much of last year's during rifle season, and I tested them out by sitting with my boots in a small creek to about 3/4 of the way submerged. I sat for probably 25 or 30 minutes and my feet never got cold.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why'd they have to make that center panel black? Black patches like that stand out so bad in most terrains.. I'd be more interested if they'd have kept that a camo color.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Why'd they have to make that center panel black? Black patches like that stand out so bad in most terrains.. I'd be more interested if they'd have kept that a camo color.

I sometimes wear a camo fleece neck warmer around it which tightens it up, plus it covers the black patch you're speaking of with something that's camo.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sometimes wear a camo fleece neck warmer around it which tightens it up, plus it covers the black patch you're speaking of with something that's camo.

Right on!

Trying not to hyjack your thread, but have you seen the new "camo" at Basspro with the out of place black panels.. Who thought this was a good idea?

[Broken External Image] < Pants

[Broken External Image] < jacket

Back on topic.

I bought a Windstopper "Buff" lastyear, works great for those cold mornings in the layout blind!

Latest posts

Top Bottom