Glock 30 Vs 36

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustang05

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wanting to get a small handgun for concealed carry, i already have a Glock 21, so i would like to stay with .45. So my question is what are your thoughts on the Glock 30 vs the 36. I know the 36 is slimmer, just curious on opinions of the two.

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get the weapon which fits you best. What kind of setup are you going to use for carrying? How big is your body? The best gun for you is the gun you prefer and are most comfortable carrying, drawing, and safely operating in a hostile situation.

Retops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been making the same calculation between the 30 and the 36. There is quite a bit of internet lore that says the 36 is not as reliable as the rest of the Glock family. Most of the horror stories, however, are from years ago. I wonder if anyone on the board has a recently built 36 and could comment on the reliability of their model 36?

Mustang05

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, i am leaning more towards the 30sf at this point, i have bigger hands so it would fit me a little bit better, and i agree with the above comment, i can use my 21 mags in it.

okienate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've gone through the same process as you are right now. With my large hands, love of high capacity flexibility, I went with the standard G30. I like the ability to the higher cap G21 magazines that work in it, and they make excellent backup magazines where I carry with the original 10 round mag, and have the high cap "refills" at the ready should they be needed.

My G30 has gone through a couple thousand rounds since I bought it last year and I have only gained more and more appreciation for the tupperware! (yes, this was my first Glock, and I doing the opposite of what you are as I'll be adding a G21 to the family soon!)

As has been mentioned, get what fits you best in shooting. If the slim one works at the range, then go for it.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my buddy has a Glock 36 with barrel for a can ... talk about sweet!
can't get my self to think about CCW something that chunky...

Latest posts

Top Bottom