Anyone in the Tulsa area sell Dan Wesson 1911s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redsnake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone in the Tulsa area carry Dan Wesson pistols? I've REALLY been looking into the DW Bobtail Commanders... but would really like to lay my hands on one before buying online.

Also, the ones I see come w/ 20lpi front strap checkering and that may be a bit much for my tastes. I've shot a Springfield TRP w/that checkering and it was brutal for me. Way to aggressive for my tastes. I wondered if the DW 20lpi checkering was the same. If anyone can relate please let me know.

Thanks.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Techincally, 20LPI is 20LPI. There is a difference on whether the points were knocked off or not. I prefer the extra sharp 20LPI like the TRP, but some folks have girly hands, and prefer softer checkering... :P

Redsnake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No girley hands here... I just don't like the feel of holding a porkie-pine in my hands when putting several hundred rounds down range... :thumb:

Thanks for the input. I'll give 2nd Hand Rose a call and see if they have any CZ-DW pistols.

Chocobo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just thought I let you know, my experience with Dan Wesson Cbob have been the worst experience out of all the firearms that I owned. The Cbob that I got has been nothing but problems when I first got it. I wasn't able to slinshot with it when I first got it and Dan Wesson rep told me that the gun isn't made to slinshot. That right there is a lot of bullcrap because everyone else's seem to be able to slinshot, they just don't want to fix it. I took it to Dr. Greyson and have him looked at it. He told me that the Cbob uses true Gov't frame on a commander slide which will not let the slide go back far enough to slinshot, he also say that this combo won't allow the gun to work right either. The trigger also sucks when I first got the Cbob, Dr Greyson measured at 7lbs. When I told Dan Wesson rep about the trigger, they just think I wanted a free trigger job. Also the extractor wan't tuned right. It'll FTE or FTF very often. I mentioned all of what's wrong with my Cbob to the Dan Wesson rep and all they gave me was the "PRICE" to fix it within the warranty time(It come with "lifetime" warranty). I was really mad that they aren't going to fix their problem so there is no way I am going to pay them more to fix the their problem. Dr. Greyson recommanded me to send the gun to Chuck Roger and have him machine the frame to the right commander dimension and do a reliability tune. So Chuck Roger machine the frame, tuned the extractor and trigger, machine the feed ramp to the best angle and polished it. After that the gun has been nothing but flawless, I also have him did a Golfball front strap checkering. After I spent a lot of $$$ to have it worked by Chuck Roger, my Cbob is now 99.99%. To me, I will never own another Dan Wesson firearms, if it wasn't because I had so much money in my Cbob, I would sold it already. Here is a pic of it after all the work done.
[Broken External Image]

Redsnake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chocobo... Is that a 45acp or 10mm? I've seen a lot of problems posted w/regards to the 10mm, but very little if any about the 45acp.

Nice cbob by the way. I'll give ya $500 and take it off your hands? :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom