GSG-5 PK - does a sling make it an SBR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I'm planning on SBRing this thing in the distant future (when I get the cash eventually) but right now, I'd like to put a sling on the rear of it - if I'm not mistaken, this is done a lot on different pistols, but does this violate NFA?

This thing is pretty neat. It desparately needs a collapsible stock and VFG though so I will eventually get some experience with a form 1. I hated the first few GSG-5s I saw, but the PK is pretty awesome looking and very short (only comes with a 10-round mag, but SportsWorld had an extra 22rd one for me :thumb: ). Its threaded, so that .22 can may eventually be coming along too :D

Need some more 22rd mags and I'm all set for now - would love to have a sling on it if its going to be this short, but I can't find anything specific about NFA regs talking about a single point sling (Is it different if its called a lanyard?).

Here's a pic without the flash-suppressor:

awww.thefirearmblog.com_blog_wp_content_uploads_2008_10_gsg5pk2xr2.jpg

Here's a pic with it:

awww.thefirearmblog.com_blog_wp_content_uploads_2008_10_gsg5pk1fh6.jpg

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As far as I know it won't.

KelTec sells a single point sling for their PLRs. I've seen several pictures of people with them on their pistols and no mention of a SBR.

Some of the large hunting revolvers have slings and they aren't SBRs either.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt it makes it an NFA item, after all 1911's still come with a lanyard loop that you can attach a sling to, or there are a ton of people who wander around the Wannamacher show illegally with AR pistols slung under their shoulders.

Latest posts

Top Bottom