Anyone have a good recipe for sub-sonic 223?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okbirdman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I play around with unique alot for downloading. Mostly in my 308, but it works quite well. have managed to get it as low as 700fps. The drawback is that it burns pretty dirty, I dont know if it is the powder or the fiberfill I use to take up space on top of the powder.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I play around with unique alot for downloading. Mostly in my 308, but it works quite well. have managed to get it as low as 700fps. The drawback is that it burns pretty dirty, I dont know if it is the powder or the fiberfill I use to take up space on top of the powder.

You should not use any kind of filler if you are loading subsonic ammo for use in a suppressor. The filler gunks up the suppressor. The subsonic rifle ammo that EBR sells does not use a filler for this very reason.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I recall, I had been using 3.5 grains of WST and a 55 gr flat base. I am now going to try Trail Boss, which is even bulkier than WST at around the same weight. Pushes a 55 @ 1015fps. fairly consistently and QUIET!

BTW 8.5 WST in .308 with a 168 also is around 1010 fps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom