top break revolvers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know the few that are still manufactured are inaccurate as hell, but is anybody here besides me a fan of top breaks? I had an old Iver-Johnson .32 that had about 80% bluing still on it. It was just a conversation piece, not for shooting but it was pretty neat. I always wanted to get one of those Model 3 Russian reproduction or a Wells Fargo reproduction so I can actually shoot it, but they're out of my price range just for a hobby gun.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know the few that are still manufactured are inaccurate as hell, but is anybody here besides me a fan of top breaks? I had an old Iver-Johnson .32 that had about 80% bluing still on it. It was just a conversation piece, not for shooting but it was pretty neat. I always wanted to get one of those Model 3 Russian reproduction or a Wells Fargo reproduction so I can actually shoot it, but they're out of my price range just for a hobby gun.

I have two Uberti Schofield replicas in 45 Colt that I use in Cowboy Action Shooting.Cool guns and they give me an advantage on stages where there is a reload. :thumb: Steve

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have an iver-johnson in 38 short colt. my grandfather on my mom's side sold it to my grandfather on my dad's side, my uncle took it when he passed, then my uncle passed away and now i have it. i am not sure if it will fire or not but i do not care to shoot it. just a family heirloom now. i will never get rid of it.

Kozmos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have and old S&W .32 (?) lemon squeezer my grandfather took off of an old guy that shot himself with it. The guy lived in a cabin in the woods and my gf was a kid. This is the story my dad and I were both told anyways. I seems to function just fine but I sure wouldn't shoot it.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still want this one:
Uberti Top Break
ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f284_kevinmichaeldick_topBreakNo32ndBlue35_2.jpg

$1000 is still hard to swallow though

orangpowr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a cool gun bulbboy I got a Wells Fargo Model in 44-40. Maybe stole it is more like it $675.00 new in box. Happened to go in gun shop I visit weekly and he had just bought from someone. It was in back I ask how much, with I told him I would take it after just glancing at it, I think it shock him. I sure he would have priced it higher with more research. Most 44-40 are around $950.00 when you can find them.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would love a good quality break-top in 38 special or even 32 mag. And a 22 goes without saying. I loved my Iver-Johnson Trailsman 66.

ltdavel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the metallurgy that's available today, a top break 5 shot in .45 ACP loaded with moon clips would be a great hide out gun. If Dr Watson were transported to 2009, he'd put one in his coat pocket before the game was afoot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom