Who is looking for Locally made Kydex Holsters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you interested in a Custom Kydex Holster?

• No thanks, i'll pass.

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Yes: Glock / M&P

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • Yes: XD

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Yes: 1911

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Yes: Keltec P3AT

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Yes: Smith J-Frame

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thinking about making holsters on the side to supplement my current lack of O/T at work...

Wanted to see what the interest level was before i made the decision to dive in.

I'd be offering holsters only, Custom made, either by appointment only (make while you wait) or a "wait in line" system... I have no interest in taking orders for a dozen different holsters and then people not hearing back from me for months because i'm swamped.

Whats a reasonable price for a custom Kydex holster?

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry some of these are old pics... i've since gone to a uniform type fastener that is stronger and looks better.

All holsters i've made are tension adjustable, and some pictured are custom - like the 1911 for a inside grip draw.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you guys tell me what prices you would expect to pay... I'm not sure what my labor is worth honestly... i know what others charge and it seems a little high.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you guys tell me what prices you would expect to pay... I'm not sure what my labor is worth honestly... i know what others charge and it seems a little high.

If possible, I would like to see them under $40 for a simple IWB. Similar to this, but with Kydex.

awww.donhume.com_images_large_2008_h715m_LRG.jpg

Don Hume lists it at $30 + shipping (and 9% tax for OK residents).

There's also this one that's tuckable (would want it without the strap of course):

awww.donhume.com_images_large_2008_iwbstrike_LRG.jpg

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How 'bout some simple mag pouch for PMags / GI mags? I would buy a couple of those for sure.

Honestly if you charged roughly the same as similar kydex producers (Bladetech, comp-tac) and the buyer obviously doesn't have to deal with shipping / waiting, you'd be fine...but if you BEAT their prices...you're gonna have some secondary income lined up for while...

Cycklone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if you do, i would like XD yes... i have 3 but dont like parts of each of them maybe my expectations are to high, or as my wife says "you just look for a reason to get another"

but if you wanna do custom-one off work i think you could do it from the OSA forum alone..... some of us have one off guns and knives that would like kydex for....
i know i have a knife i want to do but no sheath so no use to do it.....

I would take one for a Bersa CC and a Taurus .38 (idk if holster is same as J-frame).... and a speed strip holder (holds 2 speed strips) i have a few other ideas if u get adverurious, or get bored bending "only" holsters

Cyck

Latest posts

Top Bottom