My First 1911!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I found an inexpensive 1911 in the classified forum and could not pass it up. This is my first 1911 and my first .45 actually. :yelclap: WOOHOO!

Took her to the range for a little workout. While going through the paces I did have one Jam. I ran 50 rounds downrange and only one jammed. Most were ball ammo but I went through 10 Golden Saber JHP rounds and one of those ended up sticking in the chamber vertically. Not up like a smokestack but inside the chamber. Not sure what that was.

Trigger is nice and smooth. Pretty accurate as well.

Pleased with the performance thus far. Teeny bit loose in the slide and may need a new spring in the mag but all in all I can get my feet wet while I tinker on this one.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_045.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_050.jpg

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just one....LOL. :P You just found a round that particular gun doesn't like. Polishing the chamber *might* take care of it, but if it feeds everything else well, leave it be.

I got a bench grinder for that silly trigger guard.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats man...gotta love them 1911s. I shot my Sprinfield for the first time this weekend and it was doing to me what you described. I'm hoping that the lil ramp polishing that I did will cure that. I too shot a mag full of either Golden Sabers or HydraShoks, I can't remember which...no problems. But the ball ammo messed up a few times.

Anyhoo...congrats and enjoy man. :thumb:

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like the round is releasing from the magazine too early, not necessarily a feed ramp problem. m1911.org has several illustrated how to's for working on your pistol. Kuhnhausen's Book "The Colt Automatic Repair Manual" is an essential tool before you start working on your pistol.

The 1911 is habit forming and Israel Arms makes a decent model.

Latest posts

Top Bottom