Coyote Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clipz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the best Coyote gun in your own opinion? I want to know what would be the best for carrying, what would be the best for benchrest, and what would be the best for an all around coyote gun! Thank's for your time, and I will appreciate everything you guy's throw at me!..lol

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whenever I do hunting shows or predator calling seminars that is the #1 question I get asked. The question I always ask in return is what do you intend to do with the fur? If you have no plans to ever keep your furs then your options open up much more. I used a 25/06 for years and it worked great.It is overkill if you want to save the fur but if not, it works great. If I had to pick one caliber it would be the 223 in a bolt action or ar platform. I also agree with twocan on the shotgun. The majority of the predators I kill every year is done with a shotgun. I hope this helps you.
Welcome to OSA.

Scott

Mrs. Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Probably the number one gun I sell to people for coyotes is a Savage 22-250, usually with a longer barrel, synthetic is always nicer if you plan on setting up in brush and calling. Most buy blued because stainless is to shiny or "red neck" it and either use camo tape or brown spray paint and re-work the barrel. . .

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the 22-250. I must be a redneck, mine is a remington VSSF with a leupold 6.5x20 scope.
I also use a 17 remington.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the 25-06. For saving the fur, I load Barnes solids, the ones with the sharp points. .243 is next. A friend of mine kills dozens every year with his 6mm Remington. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom