Sooner State Pawn Oklahoma Second Amendment Association 2A Shooting Center Harsh Firearms Fat Boy Tactical
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Don't Brandish or point

http://www.edmondsun.com/local/local...152233702.html

Police make arrest after road rage incident
    Mark Schlachtenhaufen
    The Edmond Sun

EDMOND — An Edmond-based pilot faces a felony complaint after he allegedly pointed a gun at passengers in another vehicle, police said.

Friday evening, Darryl Ray Inman, 43, of Edmond, was detained in the parking lot of a shopping complex in the 2200 block of West Edmond Road, according to an Edmond Police report.

According to the report, Inman listed JetBlue as his occupation. Information posted on the Internet at www.stayncharge.com shows that the suspect is an Airbus A-320 captain with JetBlue. The company’s media division declined to comment on Inman’s employment.

Police said they detained the suspect after he returned to his car, a silver Toyota Tundra. Police confiscated a loaded .380-caliber handgun the suspect had been carrying in a pocket and another loaded 9-mm handgun in an overhead storage compartment, according to the report.

The victim was driving west in about the 2000 block of West Danforth Road when the suspect pulled in front of them, changed lanes and almost struck their vehicle near the Pebble Creek addition, police said.

After the victim honked her horn, the suspect hit his brakes, causing her to change lanes. The victim said at that point the two cars were parallel and the suspect began yelling and making rude gestures toward them.

The suspect reached up to what looked like the passenger side visor and took out a small black handgun. He then pointed the gun at them and veered over into their lane, police said.

Police said the victim accelerated, passed the suspect’s car and pulled into a convenience store parking lot. The victim followed the suspect into the Homeland parking lot, took his tag information and called police.

Police questioned Inman, who was arrested on a felony pointing a weapon at another complaint, and transported to the city jail. At the time of the incident, Inman had a valid concealed weapon license, police said.

Inman was not available for comment at his home on Monday. Not every incident leads to a charge under the law. If charges are filed, innocence or guilt is determined by a court of law.

Glynda Chu, spokeswoman for the Edmond Police Department, said the incident is a clear indication of how quickly road rage can change from anger to a potentially deadly situation.

“If you are ever the target of road rage we ask you to please let the police handle it,” Chu said. “The best thing you could do would be to get the tag number of the vehicle and a description if possible of the driver and call 9-1-1 as quickly as possible. Never let anger get the best of you, risking your life or the life of someone else.”
    The difference between adversity and adventure is attitude.

AU_K9s Feedback Thread

Default Re: Don't Brandish or point

WOW!!! If that happened as it's reported...

I read somewhere that once you receive your CCL you are officially retired from "flying off the handle".
    Anti-Lock Evangelist #2

FEEDBACK

He may find himself separated from more than his ccw.

Quote Originally Posted by flatwins View Post
    I read somewhere that once you receive your CCL you are officially retired from "flying off the handle".
    LOL yes, too true.

that could happen, or you could run into the situation that a guy working for me did. He got cut off and honked, went around the guy waving gestures, goes back and forth for a ways. Then the guy that works for me brandished his pocket .380( stupid^^ i know) and holds it up for the guy (now behind him) to see.....guys pulls out a bigger gun and shows it(again stupid) then proceeds to chase my worker. He was able to loose the guy, but that could have been a bad situation.

He is a genius.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."

Feedback

Whether he is guilty or not, this hurts our community.

Even if found Not Guilty, just being charged can hurt someone, terrible situation.

Makes me think that if someone knows you carry, they can call "brandishing" on you. So be careful CCL'ers.

~Stephen
    Quote Originally Posted by ArGyLe64 View Post
    There should be an IQ test in order to own a gun and shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Cue View Post
    Whether he is guilty or not, this hurts our community.

Even if found Not Guilty, just being charged can hurt someone, terrible situation.

Makes me think that if someone knows you carry, they can call "brandishing" on you. So be careful CCL'ers.

~Stephen

Good point. Great reason to stick to the old adage.

"Always carry, NEVER tell."
    http://www.okshooters.com/showthread...onkey-Feedback

www.JarmanLaw.com

Quote Originally Posted by dustingaunder View Post
    Yeah, if you need a lawyer you can't beat MyMonkey!

Quote Originally Posted by flatwins View Post
    That should be stated at the beginning and end of every SDA class.
    J.B.

It simply cannot be overstated. The pathological need for the illusion of control outweighs all other factors in our society. Risk aversion is one of THE most powerful religions in modern day America. It is the people's shepherd. Without it, the flock would be lost.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Glocktogo's Feedback

Guys like him give us CCW holders a bad rap. I hope they nail it to him.
    Proud USN Vet

AirMech74's Feedback

Any man may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy" ~ Pres. John F. Kennedy

I'm sure some of the people reading this thread are CHL instructors, so I have a question.

Is it brandishing and/or pointing a weapon if a CHL holder pulls out his handgun and points it at a BG, in a situation where he perceives a threat, and then the BG stops his "attack"? In other words if you pull out your gun and the other guy backs off, have you violated any laws?
    If you give a man a fish he will eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he will sit in a boat and drink beer.

Where does this article say the pilot had an SDA permit?

CorpsVet, that's not brandishing under any definition I've heard of, it's called "admirable restraint". What the guy in the story allegedly did would be textbook brandishing.
    The 22" cannon accepted balls that weighed about 350 lb; the Mons Meg could only be fired 8-10 times a day due to the tremendous heat generated by the powder charge required.

Quote Originally Posted by CorpsVet View Post
    I'm sure some of the people reading this thread are CHL instructors, so I have a question.

Is it brandishing and/or pointing a weapon if a CHL holder pulls out his handgun and points it at a BG, in a situation where he perceives a threat, and then the BG stops his "attack"? In other words if you pull out your gun and the other guy backs off, have you violated any laws?
    NO. Read the SDA. It is a misdemeanoer or sometimes a felony, to flash, brandish, display, point, or discharge a firearm without lawful cause. Read the law for the exact wording/

The problem this guy has is he had no lawful cause to display a firearm. Big mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by mons meg View Post
    Where does this article say the pilot had an SDA permit?

Police questioned Inman, who was arrested on a felony pointing a weapon at another complaint, and transported to the city jail. At the time of the incident, Inman had a valid concealed weapon license, police said.