Concealed in Texas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not have a concealed weapons permit. I have heard that it is legal to carry a loaded, concealed handgun in Texas while "traveling". What do you do when you are no longer "traveling"? Can you holster your gun, and then walk to your hotel door leaving your gun loaded? Or technically do your have to empty revolver/drop your magazine, and then reload once your in your room?

planefixr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't read to me like it is any different that OK's laws regarding transport.

But, read it for yourself.

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/80R/billtext/html/HB01815F.htm

(2) inside of or directly en route to a motor vehicle
that is owned by the person or under the person's control.
(a-1) A person commits an offense if the person
intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or
her person a handgun in a motor vehicle that is owned by the person
or under the person's control at any time in which:
(1) the handgun is in plain view;

This tells me that you would be legal as long as it is out of site however IANAL.

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they have a law that with out a concealed weapons license you are allowed to carry a loaded handgun in your vehicle. but they do require a license to carry on your person outside of your vehicle, if i understand correctly. the laws are pretty similar to oklahoma but still different enough it is worth reading and knowing them before you get down there. for instance, those cute little no gun signs are a little different in texas, and if you violate those then you have broken a law.

Latest posts

Top Bottom