Hi-Point for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found the following no Armslist:

http://www.armslist.com/viewpost.aspx?post=6396&fromloc=ok&fromcat=guns&fromsub=tulsa

A hi-point .45 for $225 with shoulder rig and two mags.

What I have already heard: Hi-points are cheap and many people won't touch them.

What I have found through my smidge of research this morning: they have a lifetime "no questions" warranty, they function reliably with any ammo, they are "decently" accurate at ten yards, they are very heavy and bulky.

However, $225 also seems a bit high considering every article I've read states that the buyer picked it up for $150 to $180 nib w/mag.

Does anybody own one of these? Is it worth it, and has anyone every tried to CCW with one?

Neil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Save up for a smaller and better quality gun. HiPoints are HUGE. You can step up a notch in quality, get a concealable gun, and still have a lifetime warranty if you spend $350 on a Taurus. Save a little more money, and well, you get the idea.

UpInSmoke

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I havent owed one of thier pistols but I have held them several times and know a few people that have them. Ive seen many mixed reviews on this gun and have seen some people think it is the best buy ever and then the next person would only use it as a paper weight. In my opinion it is a bit on the heavy side to carry. If its all you can afford and you need to have a gun NOW I would get it , otherwise I would hold off and get something a little better.
BTW, that price seems just a tad bit high , not by much though , and alot depends onn how nice that shoulder rig is.

Hope this helps.
Smoke

jstevens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi-point Is The Preferred Cohice Of Firearm, Or Gat, For Turds "a.k.a. Bad Guys" Or Lorcin. Dont Buy One, Save And Get A Quality Firearm That You Can Trust With Your Life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom