Best Red Dot for the Buck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gritlife

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm wanting to put a red dot on my 12-guage for pig hunting. Basically, I'm looking for the cheapest option that will hold up to 12-guage slug recoil.

I've heard guys say that they bought a $39 rig and had great results, while others say I need a nice EOTech or AimPoint system. It would be a bonus if it would work on my S&W 500 as well...which would be even more punishing on the optics.

Also, any recommendations on OKC gunsmiths would be appreciated, as I'm going to have to have the gun drilled to accept the set up...'much obliged!

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought there was a way to mount optics to a Smith without drilling and tapping.

BTW, the Burris FF does look like a good deal.

gritlife

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Smith is already drilled for it, the shotgun is not.

I've handled the Burris Fast Fire at H&H, and while it appears to be a quality system with little set up required, the optics window is probably 1/2 the size of most of the other options.

My first criteria is rapid target acquisition.

fishn&huntn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i would recomend a small MOA dot as the 500 is capable of 100+ yard shots.I dont think you would want an Eotech for hunting.Most folks around here really like Aimpoints. you usually get what you pay for

Latest posts

Top Bottom