Need a little help with a Ruger .44

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.45Fats

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I've been looking like mad for a double action .44 mag revolver to pair up with my lever rifle in 44 mag (two for one special right? :rubhands:)

been hell to find one for some reason but I walked into one of our local shops down here today and boom there is just in... 44 mag super redhawk! I looked it over and the gun looks like new, talked to the guy behind the counter he'll pass it to me for 550 with the soft zipper case and a box of 50 rounds.

now I will say I've dealt with him in the past and never had a problem...well much of a problem, he's usually about 5-10% higher than wally world on his ammo(but he's always been 5-10 higher so he's not price gouging....or he's always been price gouging...) anyway he pulled the gun from the shelf til monday to give me time to decide if I want it or not...since then I've heard some not nice openions from a few people about him, his practices, etc...

so basically what I'm asking (long story short...kinda) is he offering a fair deal or is he trying to slip it to me...in the bad way?

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Seems like a fair price. Bud's has one listed at $664.

BTW, what kind of lever do you have? I have a Marlin paired up with a Ruger .44 mag Vaquero.

[Broken External Image]

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a redhawk. it isn't a super but it is a great gun. i grew up around my dads blackhawk and one of the things i like about the redhawk is the cylinder flips out for easy fast loading. plenty accurate to and heavy as an anvil so recoil isn't bad. as for price i really don't know but in todays market that sounds reasonable to me.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Small world. I am going to find a .45 Colt Redhawk to match up with my .45 Puma 92. :D The Puma rifles have been very well liked and reviews are generally great.

As far as the Redhawk is concerned. I think that seem pretty reasonable. Good deal in fact. Those are tanks and should outlive us all.

.45Fats

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well like I now realise I didn't say in my original post...he's always treated me pretty good...but when enough people all say the same thing you get to kind of wondering if instead of always good if it's been always bad and you just didn't know better :P

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have owned a Super Red Hawk in .44Mag for 15 years or so. Mine is in a 9.5" barrel and a 4X simmons on top. I LOVE this gun and of all the ones I own, it's my favorite to shoot. Paper plate at 100 yards is no problem off a rest (Too heavy to freehand). For a really good time though....Shoot blocks of ice, water jugs or bricks!

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if you want one that is a fair deal. redhawks are nice pistols, though I prefer a single action in a .44mag. Taurus is also producing some new .44's, and .45 colts in a single action well in the money from cdnn.

orangpowr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a good deal to me, I always go by how a person treats me and not how someone else says they were treated. I have a Puma in 45LC and its a blast to shoot. I have a few single actions in 45LC to join in the fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom