went to SDA/CCW class today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to the class at Savage Trading Co. (NW10th, by Sara Rd. in Yukon)
Mark Chenoworth (screen name Ex Sniper on the board) taught the class.
I was a very good class. They provide the weapon (Sig mosquito) and ammo for the class. The class fee was $65.
I highly recommend the class for anyone in the OKC area looking for a CCW course. You don't have to wait for weeks/months for the class and Mark is very good and very knowledgeable.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you. Actually the last name is Chenoweth. Glad you enjoyed the class. Night class coming up on June 22-23 and Saturday class on June 27.

Daing it, Mark! You gave me so much to remember that I got a couple of letters wrong. :D

Anyhow, I've already got several people interested in the class and I'm going to make sure to keep promoting it. More than worth it!

TOWNHERO

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Mark,
That's neat your related to Kristin. I tried to find Savage Trading Co. a couple of months, never did find it. Now I know your address. I'm going to try to get by there this Sat. Yes I do want to take your class.

Thanks

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They should not be charging no more than $60 for the class. This is the legal limit set by the state. They may charge a separate fee for the gun rental.
Mark

that's what the $5 was for, range fee (rental and ammo).

I checked every class in the area BEFORE i went to this class. They ain't trying to screw anybody, relax.
Savage is good, Mark is great. class was worth the "extra" $5 bucks so that I could use their Sig and their ammo and not my own box of .40.

Jamez074

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my first post. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the class, and even more pleased that there is an instructor on here. I have had my CCW since inception. Unfortunately, it is expired and I haven't renewed it. I love to carry my weapon, but have been torn on renewing my permit. It seems to me that many places that I go, I can not carry it. I will probably get it renewed, though.

I was pulled over 2 days ago by a motor jock for speeding. While I was retrieving my DL, he saw my CCW. He stated that I was supposed to tell him I had it in a bad tone. I stated to him that I did not have my weapon, and he said that no matter what I was supposed to tell him. It has been many years since I took the class, but I seem to remember that I do not have to say anything if I don't have it. Can someone clarify this? Thanks. Jim

Latest posts

Top Bottom