Which Glock for my second pistol?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanwk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a G23 and am considering a Glock in .45cal. I would like one with a grip no bigger than the g23. Even a tad smaller would probably be ok. Any suggestions and pros and cons will be appreciated.

GOTOGUY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 36 stovepiped on me; didn't like the few number of shots. The 30 and 21 have big grips. I've heard that the new .45's (short frame) have smaller grips. I would go with the new 21.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The subcompact glock .45 I had was awful I didn't like it at all. Traded it away shortly after. I've shot several G19s and a G17 with no problems.

I currently own a S&W M&P 9c and I'm kicking around the idea of a M&P compact .45 maybe.

Holster Maker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just picked up a G30 yesterday, gonna take it to the range on wednesday and I'll let you know how I like it.

I do have a G39 which is the sub compact in the .45 GAP and I like it alot. It shoots great, but the ammo is expensive and hard to find.

Dakota10986

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a G30 and love it. I have an MTAC holster for it and it's not that hard to conceal...just don't wear tight or lightly colored shirts and you wont print (or at least not to a point where someone can easily say your carrying).

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a G23 and am considering a Glock in .45cal. I would like one with a grip no bigger than the g23. Even a tad smaller would probably be ok. Any suggestions and pros and cons will be appreciated.
My suggestion would be stick with .40.
If you must have a .45, then check out the M&P.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are you wanting to do with it? Carry it? Compete with it? Something for range fun?

You already have a superb carry gun, so what do you want this 2nd to be used for?

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I agree with BigRed82, you need to think about what you want to use it for.

I think you already have the best Glock they make, the G23. You can't go wrong with a G19 if you like 9mm...

Good luck,

Alan