DPMS Buttstock question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a tiny pin and spring that came off when i was unscrewing my buttstock. I know its not the buffer stop that is located at the 6 o'clock position by the threads. It is a tiny gold pin and an inch or so long tiny spring what are those and what does it go to? Ha, thanks for any help.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you removed the butttock, it shot out of a little hole toward the buttstock.

The detent is what keeps the lower (rear) take down pin from coming completly out of its hole, the spring keeps tension on the detent pushing it against the grooves of the rear take down pin.

Be carful putting it back in, many people bend up the spring by not doing it correctly.

Why do I know? Because I sell a heck of alot of those springs and detents when people loose them or bend up the spring.

Take your time, you will be okay.

Mark

sabot_round

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you removed the butttock, it shot out of a little hole toward the buttstock.

The detent is what keeps the lower (rear) take down pin from coming completly out of its hole, the spring keeps tension on the detent pushing it against the grooves of the rear take down pin.

Be carful putting it back in, many people bend up the spring by not doing it correctly.

Why do I know? Because I sell a heck of alot of those springs and detents when people loose then or bend up the spring.

Take your time, you will be okay.

Mark

What he said!!:teach:

Latest posts

Top Bottom