What .22lr cowboy gun is this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a .22lr Single Action cowboy shooter that he was wondering if he can get parts for it. It appears to be missing a couple of parts (including the cylinder locking mechanism as when it is cocked, the cylinder will spin freely). There is no empty-casing ejector rod attached, but it looks like there should have been at one time.

It has the following markings.

Right side:

Frame - 3 very light (import?) marks including one I cannot read, one that appears to be just "PSF" in a square and an "AB" in another square.

Barrel - Two more import marks, one appears to be a tiny pic, the other is again a "PSF" under a 5-point star that has a circle around it. It also has a serial number and above that the words "MOD. TA76 cal. .22 L.R."

Left Side:

Frame - The words "EXAM INC., HIALEAH FLA"

Barrel - "ARMI F.LLI TANGFOGLIO BRESCIA ITALY". The "F.LLI could be an ELLI, but its very worn.

The Cylinder has the two import marks listed above (including the "PSF").

Overall, it looks very similar to the Hertiage Rough Rider single-action revolver I used to own.

Haven't pulled the grips, but I've not been able to find much on the net about it - any help is appreciated (I'm not sure I can even still get parts for it, but if I can, I'd like to try and get it operational for my friend as it has sentimental value to him.

Here are some pics:

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Any help is appreciated.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From oldguns.net....

Excam of Hialeah Florida, went out of business in about 1990, if I remember correctly, they imported and distributed mostly low quality inexpensive firearms. I believe that the Excam 22 revolvers were manufactured in Italy. I do not know of a source for parts for Excam revolvers, and I think that it would be a waste of time and money to try to repair one. Your time and money would be much better spent investing in a good quality revolver like a Ruger Single Six. Marc

http://www.gun-parts.com/excam/

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From oldguns.net....

Excam of Hialeah Florida, went out of business in about 1990, if I remember correctly, they imported and distributed mostly low quality inexpensive firearms. I believe that the Excam 22 revolvers were manufactured in Italy. I do not know of a source for parts for Excam revolvers, and I think that it would be a waste of time and money to try to repair one. Your time and money would be much better spent investing in a good quality revolver like a Ruger Single Six. Marc

http://www.gun-parts.com/excam/

Understood - I advised him against repairing it, but he wants to strictly from a sentimental standpoint as this particular gun meant a lot to him (was handed down in the family or something like that).

I told him that I wouldn't bother with it and he asked me to see if anyone knew anything just the same.

That was very quick - you guys rock! Thanks for the info - even if it turns out to be a dead-end, its still nice to have some info about it.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sentimental is sentimental. He knows it would be cost more to fix than what it is worth to US - but what its worth to him is probably priceless.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Understood - I advised him against repairing it, but he wants to strictly from a sentimental standpoint as this particular gun meant a lot to him (was handed down in the family or something like that).

I told him that I wouldn't bother with it and he asked me to see if anyone knew anything just the same.

That was very quick - you guys rock! Thanks for the info - even if it turns out to be a dead-end, its still nice to have some info about it.

Sentimental is sentimental. He knows it would be cost more to fix than what it is worth to US - but what its worth to him is probably priceless.

Understood, the quote was lifted from oldguns.net and didn't reflect my opinion....

Hooker

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I pick up one for parts minus barrel and cylinder at the Lawton gun show for 15 bucks. They are not very good quality, mine was given to me by a friend. The aluminum grip frames are bad about cracking right behind the hammer. Mine is now in good working order but it will wall hanger.

Pat

Latest posts

Top Bottom