Ruger discontinuing the Mini 14 ????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

copertop80

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just ran across some scuttle butt that ruger is considering discontinuing the Mini 14, dose anyone have any info or can anyone confirm or deny these rumors.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The mini is a POS but some people still buy it. Believe it or not some people still think of AR's as evil black rifles. Ruger's new AR is going to be a flop, no way it will replace the mini even with Ruger making more profit per gun.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What makes the mini a pos? Aside from personal preference. That's a pretty broad statment to not apply some facts to back it up.

It usually comes from people who've had no experience from owning one. My AR jams up on me all the dang time. My mini always goes bang. So, my AR is a POS to me. I trust my Mini over my AR. And it only cost me half the price of the base model AR. Now after all the "performance enhancing options" of my AR, it cost me around $1600 whereas my Mini I've only got about $450 into.

I invite anybody out to shoot my Mini if they think its a piece of crap. I'll prove them wrong. All they gotta do is bring some ammo. And by they way, the Mini will shoot whatever ammo you stick in it unlike the spoiled little rich b***h my AR is. Stupid AR only shoots magic fairy dust bullets.

The Mini doesn't care if its dirty, clean, dry, wet, hot, cold or whatever it just shoots. My AR has got to be cleaned every hundred rounds or so, god forbid if you run it too dry or too wet. And don't expect the bloody thing to shoot more than 3 or 4 rounds before jamming due to the temp being below 75 or above 76 or the humidity is anything other than 42.38% and barometric pressure is above 29.92 in/Hg.

Granted my Mini keeps about a 2" shot group at 100yards where as my AR can do 1" groups. But the difference is my Mini will do those same groups no matter the weather or conditions (see Paragraph above). The AR will shoot 1" groups if you can get it to run more than 3 round groups and depending on the conditions (once again refer to paragraph above). Either way, the Mini will still kill the evil target for all 30 rounds consecutively. AR... not so much. At the range my Mini = sanity, my AR = pissed off, wondering why I spent $1600 on a gun that I gotta constantly baby sit.

So, in summary, I will get flamed for this post because "Oh my God! He said the Awesome Omnipotent Perfection of weaponry that is the AR is a POS! He must be stopped at all cost!" Bring it on hippies! :lmfao:

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It usually comes from people who've had no experience from owning one. My AR jams up on me all the dang time. My mini always goes bang. So, my AR is a POS to me. I trust my Mini over my AR. And it only cost me half the price of the base model AR. Now after all the "performance enhancing options" of my AR, it cost me around $1600 whereas my Mini I've only got about $450 into.

I invite anybody out to shoot my Mini if they think its a piece of crap. I'll prove them wrong. All they gotta do is bring some ammo. And by they way, the Mini will shoot whatever ammo you stick in it unlike the spoiled little rich b***h my AR is. Stupid AR only shoots magic fairy dust bullets.

The Mini doesn't care if its dirty, clean, dry, wet, hot, cold or whatever it just shoots. My AR has got to be cleaned every hundred rounds or so, god forbid if you run it too dry or too wet. And don't expect the bloody thing to shoot more than 3 or 4 rounds before jamming due to the temp being below 75 or above 76 or the humidity is anything other than 42.38% and barometric pressure is above 29.92 in/Hg.

Granted my Mini keeps about a 2" shot group at 100yards where as my AR can do 1" groups. But the difference is my Mini will do those same groups no matter the weather or conditions (see Paragraph above). The AR will shoot 1" groups if you can get it to run more than 3 round groups and depending on the conditions (once again refer to paragraph above).

So, in summary, I will get flamed for this post because "Oh my God! He said the Awesome Omnipotent Perfection of weaponry that is the AR is a POS! He must be stopped at all cost!" Bring it on hippies! :lmfao:

:shocked: Your gonna die dude.... I will take your AR off your hands and only charge you $50.00 to haul it off. Just another fine customer service by me. No than-yous needed.....

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:shocked: Your gonna die dude.... I will take your AR off your hands and only charge you $50.00 to haul it off. Just another fine customer service by me. No than-yous needed.....

Just for anybody's information, if they come to pry my AR away from me, I will defend myself with the MINI-14. How's that for irony? Even though the AR pisses me off nonstop I can't bring myself to get rid of her. Although, I am upgrading her from a Stag 16" carbine upper to a LMT with a 20" Wilson match barrel. Maybe she'll run more consistent. Hope so, I'm getting tired of fighting her.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just for anybody's information, if they come to pry my AR away from me, I will defend myself with the MINI-14. How's that for irony? Even though the AR pisses me off nonstop I can't bring myself to get rid of her. Although, I am upgrading her from a Stag 16" carbine upper to a LMT with a 20" Wilson match barrel. Maybe she'll run more consistent. Hope so, I'm getting tired of fighting her.

:puppet2: give up. Life is to short to fight your guns. You already have my address...