CCW Licence SDA Issues?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put in my CCW paperwork back in Feb 2009. To date I still do not have it approved. Contacted the SDA via email and they had a few questions about 2 things I disclosed (criminal record). They also stated that it is taking so long because these items incidents happened in California. So this is not very high on California's list to provide documentation so i have to wait. What should i do next? As I stated to the SDA I have a active secret security clearance for the past 4 years and they didnt have an issue with it, one because these incidents happened before I was 18 and my records are sealed. Any advice?

RyansFortyFives

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would just call and bug the crap out of everyone you talk to until something gets done.

If there is anything a state or gov't employee hates MORE than doing work, it's being dragged away from their internet surfing, or solitaire game to answer the same question over and over.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. I thought they had 90 days to come up with a reason to say no or they had to award a license. Period.

Ditto.

Paragraph 12 of 1290.12 states "The OSBI shall either issue a concealed handgun license or deny the application within 90 days of reciept of the required information from the sheriff."

I guess they might think they are doing you a favor by seeking clarification instead of just denying you...but who knows.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if they won't claim wiggle room because of:

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation shall either issue a
concealed handgun license or deny the application within ninety
(90) days of the date of receipt of the required information from
the sheriff. The Bureau shall approve an applicant who appears to
be in full compliance with the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-
Defense Act, if completion of the federal fingerprint search is the
only reason for delay of the issuance of the handgun license to that
applicant. Upon receipt of the federal fingerprint search
information, if the Bureau receives information which precludes
the person from having a concealed handgun license, the Bureau
shall revoke the concealed handgun license previously issued to
the applicant. The Bureau shall deny a license when the applicant
fails to properly complete the application form or application
process or is determined not to be eligible as specified by the
provisions of Section 1290.9, 1290.10 or 1290.11 of this title.
The
Bureau shall approve an application in all other cases.

They may say they need the info from Cali to verify what's on the books out there.

Still, it appears to me they should issue the license, then if they find out Dr. HK is some kind of rehabilitated serial killer, they can yank it. ;)

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put in my CCW paperwork back in Feb 2009. To date I still do not have it approved. Contacted the SDA via email and they had a few questions about 2 things I disclosed (criminal record). They also stated that it is taking so long because these items incidents happened in California. So this is not very high on California's list to provide documentation so i have to wait. What should i do next? As I stated to the SDA I have a active secret security clearance for the past 4 years and they didnt have an issue with it, one because these incidents happened before I was 18 and my records are sealed. Any advice?

How old is your Cali incident?

Mine is from 20 years ago the court has no record of me, called em to see if they could find my case, but when my prints go through AFIS it returns an arrest and bench warrant issued in San Bernadino County. That county won't disclose warrant information unless you present yourself in person. Any hope of clearing that FUBAR mess up remotely is impossible.

I don't really care to go back there so they can get stuffed, I have been told they would re-order the original case based upon warrant information if one exists when I contacted abn atttorney who qouted me some outrageous $8000 retainer just to get started, not even counting having to return to Kommie land to even see if the warrant exists. I have to assume since being a fugutive from justice is preclusive for your CCW and FFL Purchases that for whatever reason everything has dissapeared from the books in Kommifornia, yet got reported nationally and is still there in limbo.

FYI I delay on all FFL NICS transactions, my original CCW took over 100 days in 1996, OSBI called and informed me that I had a Kommifornia warrant based upon my prints but at that time it was not preclusive, My expired renewal last year took about 60 days the letter telling me my permit was in took 30 days to get to me so right at 90 days.

Kommiefornia is extremely uncooperative, best of luck.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get delayed on NICS even in Kalifornia. The charges were back in 1992 before I was 18. Records sealed, I have no paperwork from the incidents (2).

Latest posts

Top Bottom