Hog hunting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SD4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know the best area to find them...my attempts in Oklahoma have been unsuccessful for the most part. Anyone down for giving it a shot this weekend?

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear some hog hunters that use dogs are catching small hogs and relocate them on a 30 to 40 acre island on lake Eufaula. They use this island to train thier dogs. I have hogs on me and they wanted to hunt them. I let some hunters run thier dogs on me once before. I told them i wanted to go and they cant come back without me. We went and had a blast. Now they wait till dark and sneak in. :angry3:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I told them i wanted to go and they cant come back without me. We went and had a blast. Now they wait till dark sneak in. :angry3:

I've ran onto that same problem at my farms. I took some people over there, to bird hunt. Took them on some of the neighbors areas where I have permission to be and invite guests if I want. They got the same don't come back without me speach you gave. The following Monday I got a call from the neighbor that he had seen those same guys on my place, and on his. They said I gave them permission to be there any time.:hellno:

They no longer get invited.

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've ran onto that same problem at my farms. I took some people over there, to bird hunt. Took them on some of the neighbors areas where I have permission to be and invite guests if I want. They got the same don't come back without me speach you gave. The following Monday I got a call from the neighbor that he had seen those same guys on my place, and on his. They said I gave them permission to be there any time.:hellno:

They no longer get invited.

I coon hunt and i have a feeling that the local game warden will be watching dog boxes like a hawk this winter. The hog hunters are getting a bad bad name around here. They go where they want. The game warden is getting ran ragged i hear. I heard the law is if you start your dogs on your land and they end up on someone elses land, you can go get them. But you cant kill/hurt/take anything while on there land. You got to be cought in the act.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have always wanted to Hog hunt as well. Have considered one of the local hunting groups around. Seems like a fenced hunt but I honestly would have no idea what to do outside of that. :respect:

Latest posts

Top Bottom