Home defense tactics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been discussed, but I didn't have any luck with searches. What I'm looking for is training on tactics of home defense. I'm trying to get a plan together for the family of what everyone should be doing if the back door is being kicked in etc. I try to think through various scenarios but I don't have any LE background, so I'm interested in getting some ideas from people more knowledgeable than me. Thanks much.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
would you be interested in a clinic offered late this year or early 2010 on Personal Protection Inside the Home (using firearms). This would be a 9 hour class, costing $100 and include class and range time.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would. Depending on the qualifications of instructors and the bulk of the content. ie I'm looking for more information on thinking through the scenarios than on actual shooting time. But a little shooting time is always good!

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This conversation may be more suited to the Firearms Training section? I thought the Self Defense and CCW section sounded like a match, but it seems the content of the former is closer to this. Sorry if posted in the wrong area..

radiant_shooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be interested as well. There are many nights when I lay awake thinking through what I would do if someone were to break in through a door or window. I tend to wake up at the smallest sounds and feel paranoid. It would be nice to know I had some training on what to do when the situation was at hand.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would. Depending on the qualifications of instructors and the bulk of the content. ie I'm looking for more information on thinking through the scenarios than on actual shooting time. But a little shooting time is always good!

Couple of questions up front:
Do you have anyone else living in your home?
Are they in other bedrooms?

Some good discussion here, feel free to bring anything over:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=435467

Latest posts

Top Bottom