Oklahoma gun laws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.haney

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did we have a new law pass a few months ago concerning the ability to carry loaded firearms in your vehicle,what are the specifics.

omegis13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure- I haven;'t read anything like that.

Closest thing to that I can remember was them turning over the ruling that struck down keeping a gun in your vehicle at work. This was a part of the SDA already, but had previously been ruled unconstitutional. That ruling was over turned. I expect there is a good chance a case looking at the same problems will be heard by SCOTUS some time within the next 10 years as more states start passing "guns at work" bills.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
In a nut shell, the guns in locked cars in parking lot law was not ruled unconstitutional. A judge ruled that it violated OSHA rules. That was overturned at the Circuit Court in Denver, in part because OSHA came out and said their rules DID NOT extend to firearms locked in cars in parking lots.
Several states have since passed similar laws. I do not know of any pending appeals at the SCOTUS level.

Here is an epic thread on the subject, goes back to 2007
http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17995&highlight=parking+lot

Latest posts

Top Bottom