Need some help with CC in a law office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farrelltravis

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, everyone. Need some help here. I work downtown at a law office. It is a block or two from the courthouse. It is even farther to the parking garage where I park my truck. About once a week, I end up going to the court house unannounced. Of course, my CCW is not allowed in the court house. I have to leave for the courthouse on very short notice and have to be there in just a few minutes. That means that if I am carrying, I have to get the weapon off of me and somewhere else so I can enter the courthouse. Remember, my truck is farther away (in the opposite direction) than the courthouse. I tried bringing a locking zipper bag, like a day planner and stashing the weapon in that while I am away inside my desk drawer. In theory that works fine. However, my “office” is an open area. There are no walls. So, I have to be extremely careful pulling the weapon out of concealment to get it in the day planner unnoticed by other office workers. I also tried carrying the day planner to the bathroom and doing it there, but everyone always gives me (a guy) weird looks for carrying a day planner into the bathroom.

Any tips or advise?? Thanks in advance!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You could disarm once at the beginning of the office day, place it in the planner/drawer safe/drawer and leave it there all day, and then arm back up at the end of the day.

It will still be within your reach and control while you are working at your desk, and if you have to run over to the courthouse all you have to do is lock the safe/planner/desk drawer before you go.

farrelltravis

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
SMS, thanks for the advice. I didn't think of it that way. Ryan, I wasn't so much worried about while at work, but the walking commute from and to the office. Sometimes early in the morning, but more often later in the evening.

Thanks to both!

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Breakfast is hitting hard, and you want to check your planner before the day starts. You'd like to check your planner at the end of the day, and you'd rather not use a public restroom on the way home.

Reaction score
Wow, that's a toughie.

I have pretty good technique for whipping the smartcarry rig completely out of my britches and sticking into my desk drawer very quickly without undressing, but the problem comes putting it back on which requires an unbuckling & unzipping. Not something you want to do if not in a private office.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could disarm once at the beginning of the office day, place it in the planner/drawer safe/drawer and leave it there all day, and then arm back up at the end of the day.

It will still be within your reach and control while you are working at your desk, and if you have to run over to the courthouse all you have to do is lock the safe/planner/desk drawer before you go.

+1

Just carry the planner with you into the bathroom. Ignore "the looks". I'm sure most of them are in your head anyhow.

farrelltravis

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to all who have posted ideas. I think the best option for me may be to disarm in the morning and rearm after work has ended. I do have a smartcarry and like it. I am able to get it off in a decent amount of time. However, as you mentioned Dr. Tad, it is not as easy getting it back on.

okie shooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont they make some planners that will hold a ccw for use too out there. That might be a option for to and from work also, along with use in locking up in the office. Guess oh to be a purse carrier and have so many more options.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is the office in which you work ok with CCW or firearms in general? If they are not then the bathroom trick might work. If they are ok on either front then just do as mentioned and leave it in your drawer/book thing. Can't imagine a lawyer that is not ok with CCW.

I am a lawyer and I office downtown. (Midtown really, 13th and Shartel) Everyone in my office knows I carry and knows where to find a firearm if they need one. :) I come in with new toys every so often.

We own the building though. Might be a bit different.

Latest posts

Top Bottom