Whats a fn fal/l1a1 worth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering what a decent one would be worth? its got an imbel metric upper and an inch lower. i think i could get it for 700 ish. it was sent from century arms as a sporter but now has a pistol grip and stock.

What u think?

kpk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

I am assuming it's a century arms lower/build. He did say it was a imbel/metric upper. Can that be possible? Not saying he doesn't know what he's talking about, but from what I have ready inch goes with inch and vice versa?

He said it shoots great and to come by sometime and test it out before I buy it.

okie shooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the upper marked as a century or another maker, Is it a unibrow or a widows peak model(single bullet guide vs two bullet guides at the front of the magwells) those are the important things to know, the upper is the one of the things that will deturmine what the value of the rifle is, and how easy things are going to be to get it running right.

There seemed to be a couple of "century" rifles, some marked "made in canada" with no other id than century and a sn, the ones marked with the gear logo imbel, and then century, and some actually made by or for century. As stated if you figgure out what you got, then go to the FAL files and those folks do know their stuff.

W150

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it started out as a sporter it probably is Brit parts assembled on an Imbel upper.
So you will start with a good upper and the barrels are usually in good shape also.
They chopped the barrels so fitting any flashhider will take some work. Find out if it is cut for inch or metric mags. I know they said metric but some people slap a metric mag into an inch cut and say it fit so it must be metric.
If you are ever going to worry about 922r /US parts count do it now since it is more difficult to bring an inch lower into compliance.
Register at the files and all this has been covered many times.
In todays market it is an OK deal at $700. One other thing to think about is the current price of 7.62X51.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the receiver is marked IMBEL or IMBEL for Century there is no reason to worry about the feed ramp. Unibrow receivers were Century marked only.

kpk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I went and checked it out. He explained as well as he could how it was built etc. He showed me receipts too.

In 2007 he bought the gun for $625. The upper receiver is marked C1A1 Sporter, Imbel made in Brazil, Century Arms...etc.

It came to him as a sporter with thumbhole stock, no flash hider, no bayonet lug, etc. After he got it he changed it to the original stock and pistol grip so he had to add so many US parts to make it compliant. He spent $80 on US parts, like $40 on the stock and grip, and something like $65 on the upper "cap" with picatinny rail. This puts it right at $810 or so and he said he would take $800. Still sound ok?

Woud you go as far as to have it threaded for a flash hider and get the bayonet lug back?

It seems like a good gun (built like a tank!), clean bore, etc. He said we could go shoot the heck out of it to make sure it's all working great before I even have to think about the purchase. Let me know if I outta jump on it. I want it, but it's money!

Latest posts

Top Bottom