Interesting Shotgun Loads?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard of people making rock salt and penny loads before. Have any of you experimented with unorthodox loads? What were the results?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Think of it as a firearms oriented Mythbusters! Not 100% scientific, but well worth the time to read through.

Another thing they handle is sheetrock penetration, I found it somewhat surprising.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Learn to operate your shotgun with 00Buck, no need to put together something thats more myth than fact. Besides I'd hate to think of the lawsuit that would take place later after shooting someone with a load like that.

airtractorfan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Centurion of Italy makes some unusual 12 gage rounds. They make 00 Buckshot in 2" length which allows 1 more round in a standard 5 round mag tube.
They also make a round loaded with with 1 slug and 6 00 Buckshot. I got accused of cheap shot advertising on this forum for giving details on how to buy products and services so you can do a Google search to find this ammo.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Rice and rock salt for stray dogs. Rice breaks the skin and shatters. Creates a yeast type infection that itches like crazy. If the dog has a brain he will go someplace else...

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen loads with square(well, squarish) shot in order to make the pattern spread faster. I don't remember the maker.

Latest posts

Top Bottom