Buying "off the Rack" is not so Bad (m1 Carbine and Garand Goodness inside!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodoleboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always been told buying "off the rack" gets you an inferior suit..I dont think the same Apllies to M1's.

Here are My new babies..

First
Service Grade M1 Carbine 1943 IBM receiver and 1943 IBM Barrel, Stock is Winchester , trigger group is a Bavarian Marked Police.Pretty cool to find a IBM made carbine just because they are uniquest of all the carbine makers.

International Business Machines; Guns, computers, and Typewriters IBM covers all your "business needs".LOL

Second
Service M1 Garand Springfield Armory (the real Armory) Orginal 1954 Receiver and 1954 SA Barrel..Stock I beleive is the orginal as it has the Matching Serial number stamped in it and is not European wood.
Both gauged at 1 on Muzzle erosion so barrels are like new.

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

goodoleboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That must have taken hours! What a way to spend a day. :)

Yeah it was a heck of a day drove 14 hours slept for 4 hours got up at 7am and got ready, and gauged EVERY single rifle in the store..It took me 4 hours to do that..It was pretty darn fun..I know in the past you said you wanted a Garand, I would definatly make the trip or do the mail order thing if you cant make it down there.

But by handpicking I got rifles that are virtually collector grade rifles as they are matching and original to the gun and like new condition (except for the exces wear from handling) making them service grade.

I am wanting to go back in a year or so and do it all over again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom