Noodling in the greater OKC metro area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omegis13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know any good spots? My fiancee's younger brother is staying with us for the week and he is absolutely crazy about it. We're in Norman, and closer would be preferable, but we wouldn't pass up going further out for a good location. Thanks in advance!

omegis13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somebody has to know a decent place to start!

We went out to Lake Dirtybird yesterday and spent about 2 1/2 hours at the dam and found jack squat other than a bunch of garbage. The day before that we hit up the Canadian River south of Norman with the same results. If anyone in the know is looking at this, I don't want to know specifically where your favorite holes are or anything, just a decent sections of a river or lake where we can start looking.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do a lot of crappie fishing and used to do a lot of bass fishing at TBird but never noodled there. That being said I have seen many a brave soul in the process. The twin bridges on the east side of the west bridge and old #9 highway by the Little Axe ramp seems to be popular. If I was a catfish(or snake/snapping turtle) I would more than likely be up the Little River. If you get on MapQuest and follow Rock Creek Rd. out of Norman until it dead ends at the lake there is public walkin there with access to the river where it bends. Good Luck! my name is J.T. and I approve this message

Latest posts

Top Bottom