Guided Pdog hunt in Oklahoma/Texas panhandle area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mspaeth53

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm new to pdog hunting and want to try it out but have no idea where or what to look for. I am interested in a guided hunt my first time out. Can anyone give sugestion or recomendations on guides in western Oklahoma or Texas.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brian Sager. I can't find his number, but I hunted with him in 2005. He's got access to lots of land with more p-dogs than you'll ever kill.

He lives in Beaver, OK so maybe you can look him up.

peppersac

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do alot of pdog hunting. I have a buddy that lives in Slapout OK. I will call him and see if he would ever want to do a guided trip. Its not hard, you just drive up, get set up and shoot. We even drive through the towns sometimes and shoot them with or pistols. It is so funny!

ENC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah but you gotta have those side mounted sights for those P-Dogg drive-bys.

Seriously I have gone a couple of times around Guymon. I usually just drive around and find a town then start knockin on doors. .17 fireball is Swwweeet.

I have heard that there are some good size towns around Leedy and Cheyenne.

Evan

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is one of the hunts I want to do before I die. Can we get an OSA shoot/trip to a good pdog town. If I have to pay a little I don't care. Just wanna shoot some.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look for a big, open area with a bunch of prairie dogs in it. That's not a smart ass answer, its not hard to find one. Getting access to the land is another matter entirely.

One of the Okla Game rangers that work security for us, had the panhandle as his territory. He said that it was easy to get permission a few years ago, but Texas outfitters that run a lot of the territory in Tx have leased up the Okla land and have a fee.:pissed:

As a land owner, I can understand how it would be enticing to get a couple hundred bucks or so to lease it. But, I'm from the old school. Its all about family, and friends.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the Okla Game rangers that work security for us, had the panhandle as his territory. He said that it was easy to get permission a few years ago, but Texas outfitters that run a lot of the territory in Tx have leased up the Okla land and have a fee.:pissed:

As a land owner, I can understand how it would be enticing to get a couple hundred bucks or so to lease it. But, I'm from the old school. Its all about family, and friends.
I don't blame land owners at all for wanting to make some extra cash, I'd do the same thing. But nuisance animals like pdogs shouldn't cost a dime to shoot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom