Why are all of the AR's for sale?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only been on the board since December '08 so my history is missing, however there seems to be a lot of AR's for sale?

It seems back in January - April black guns were all the rage. You couldn't get them, we didn't have ammo, stripped lowers were $250...

A couple of months later, everyone is clearing out Bushmaster's for $800, stripped lowers are $100 and you can buy ammo in stock at many places.

Has the bucket broken? Did everyone buy up guns in hopes of turning a profit only to see that Obama can't move as fast as he wanted against an armed civilian population?

Colts are in stock almost anywhere, LR-308's are going for $999 on Gunbroker and did I mention 223/5.56 ammo is in stock online again?

Just wondering as I it's interesting to see. I'm keeping all 4 of my AR's and wouldn't mind adding another as the prices keep dropping...

Just interesting...

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did everyone buy up guns in hopes of turning a profit only to see that Obama can't move as fast as he wanted against an armed civilian population?

IMHO, I think a lot of people were freaking out that with Obama's ascension to the Oval Office, "assault weapons" would suddenly be banned. Hence the spike in AR sales from the later part of November through the first part of this year, with the concomitant rise in prices. Now that the panic appears to be subsiding, and AR's are once again available, prices are coming down. People who shelled out the next house payment to grab an AR are now trying to cover their expenses by selling their "assault weapon."

Schuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you all consider a franken-Ar? I am building one right now, but I think that I have good parts, not that I am going to sell it.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks to me like a lot of folks are still trying to cash in on the inflated prices or maybe trying to get out of rifle they paid too much for before the bubble bursts.

I've noticed that stuff on Gunbroker is starting to trend lower than our local sales...it used to be the other way around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom