Best semi-auto shotgun on a budget?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to be converting my 870 to home defense duty, and plan on buying a semi-auto, mainly for duck hunting.

I've looked at the following, and was wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the following in a HUNTING situation.

Stoeger 2000
Remington 11-87
Remington SPR453
Weatherby SA-08
Mossberg 935
Charles Daly Field Hunter

Any suggestions?

QTRMOA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remington SPR453
Not first hand experience but I did see one of these at Acadamy priced in the mid $400 range w/ camo.
Looks promising.

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're hunting zombies....

ai129.photobucket.com_albums_p230_GuillermoSancho_saigadeanimator.jpg

:D

dhayt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of these I would definately go with the 11-87. I shoot a lot of sporting clays and dove hunt, for which I shoot light 2 3/4" loads. For ducks, pheasant and turkey I shoot a hotter 3" mag. By flipping around the piston on the mag tube, the gun cycles with a broad range of loads. Very versatile gun. Hope this helps.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of these I would definately go with the 11-87. I shoot a lot of sporting clays and dove hunt, for which I shoot light 2 3/4" loads. For ducks, pheasant and turkey I shoot a hotter 3" mag. By flipping around the piston on the mag tube, the gun cycles with a broad range of loads. Very versatile gun. Hope this helps.

Actually, the Piston Seal/Piston are not designed to require "flipping around" on an 11-87 shotgun. If yours requires it, it has some type of gas issue.

http://www.remington.com/pdfs/om/om_11001187.pdf

Now, if you have an 11-87 Super Magnum you should be using the Barrel Seal Activator ont he mag tube when shooting light loads. [Broken External Image]

You are right, it is a very versatile gun, and that was in fact it's selling point over the 1100.

Latest posts

Top Bottom