Barrett 25MM sniper rifle!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So i was watching the outdoor channel yesterday and i think it was on shooting gallery. Anyways they were talking about barrett firearms and they apparently have a new upper receiver forthe M107A1 that is chambered to fire a 25mm cannon cartridge. The round itself weighs about 4oz's and leaves the muzzle at 1400 fps. at 2000 meters it can go through 3inches of steel :ooh2:. also they added multiple hydraulic buffers to absod some of the recoil.......... They also talked about the newer 416 round they developed. its a 400gr projectile that flies at 3300fps and is effective and more accurate than the 50bmg at ranges of like 2000 meters but is more suited to soft targets i would imagine. Anyways didnt know if anyone else had seen it or heard anything about it. Thought it was interesting none the less and couldnt imagine what shooting a 25mm cartridge would be like.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
50 cal is 12.7mm. So this 25mm is for arguments sake 2 times the size of a 50 cal. That's awesome, but I don't want to shoot that one. At least not from a shoulder fired weapon.

There's a vid on youtube of a kid firing a 20mm. That's plenty enough...

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i think the rifle you are talking about is the barrett xm109 payload rifle it fires a 25X59mm. i could be wrong i know i would hate to be the person that shoots a 25mm auto cannon round.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know how you could hit anything at 2000m with a projectile going only 1400 fps at the muzzle. The bullet would be falling on the target. You'd be aiming hundreds of feet high.

Latest posts

Top Bottom